Pics
Looking pretty good back there. Hopefully it cools off a bit by the time the chicks need to go out. I thought it was hot here, but 110 is crazy.

From what I understand the number of days over 110 are increasing over the years. We had already tied fifth place for that a few days ago so who knows, maybe a new record this year.

We love our frizzle naked neck hen. She is so friendly and smart.

Just wish we could figure out where the lacing came from. The hatchery we got the egg from was unable to provide further information, as we ordered a random assortment.

IMG_20190809_211053_806.jpg

Just wish we could figure out where the lacing came from. The hatchery we got the egg from was unable to provide further information, as we ordered a random assortment.

View attachment 1897639

Wow! :eek:What a beautiful girl! I can see why you love her. What other breeds have you got in your flock?

View attachment 1897639

That lacing is beautiful!

We are just starting out. Do not want to get overwhelmed.

I totally understand and agree, things can become chaotic but I'm warning you: chicken math!

IM what do the doggies have to say about the chickens? Or aren't they allowed anywhere near them (I mean on leash)?

The chicks are brooding inside so they have plenty of exposure. If either dog wasn't a good dog I couldn't do it.

Abby could care less, they don't run very fast or far so they aren't very fun.

Frank likes to sidle on up to the pen and give em a brief feint and a low growl. While he's smiling and wagging his tail.

The big birds would be a different story. They'd run away, they're fast and both dogs like to chase. We have a fence between dog yard and chicken yard.

Back
Top Bottom