Pics
I have some being shipped to me tomorrow. ;)

Hey, when you put the last batch in your incubator, did you leave them on the counter to rest first?

Here's a theory I read about in a thread from a few years ago...

Don't leave them on the counter, put them in the incubator immediately but don't turn them for a few days. The thought is that the eggs have been out in the heat and if they're developing cooling them on your counter can kill a developing embryo. Makes sense to me.

Some people feel that shipped eggs should be put in the incubator right away regardless because they're getting old by the time we get them.

I should be starting incubation in October which is perfect. Good luck!

How are Frank & Abbi doing.? I miss them always:love

Hi DD :) Frank was on a round of antibiotics for kennel cough, picked it up at the park, but Abby never got it. They're grounded for another week because of that.

Abby will be a year old next weekend. She's every bit as smart and sweet as her brother with a softer personality. Still a terrorist, loves to play ball. I find them under me in my bed because she's sleeping with them quite regularly :rolleyes:

I saw this question this morning and wondered if you guys have ever had problems with the neck skin too dry?
a-question-about-naked-necks.1332200
I tossed in my two cents. The NN are new to me, but having naked dogs I am used to dry skin. :)
20190913_112657.jpg

Hey, when you put the last batch in your incubator, did you leave them on the counter to rest first?

Here's a theory I read about in a thread from a few years ago...

Don't leave them on the counter, put them in the incubator immediately but don't turn them for a few days. The thought is that the eggs have been out in the heat and if they're developing cooling them on your counter can kill a developing embryo. Makes sense to me.

Some people feel that shipped eggs should be put in the incubator right away regardless because they're getting old by the time we get them.

I should be starting incubation in October which is perfect. Good luck!

That's the way that I had planned and did the last batch. Last time I didn't even put the turner in there until the third day. I just had them sitting in egg carton's big end's up, with the top lid's torn off. Are you getting shipped egg's in October?

That's the way that I had planned and did the last batch. Last time I didn't even put the turner in there until the third day. I just had them sitting in egg carton's big end's up, with the top lid's torn off. Are you getting shipped egg's in October?

I hope so!

Back
Top Bottom