Pics
Abby is a year old today.
20190922_145042-jpg.1915210
:celebrate Hairy birthday Abby! :celebrate

20190926_060232.jpg

More clouds today, we had rain last night. The next pics show what happens to the inside of the coop when it rains. I'm wondering if barn paint is the best choice for the exterior, or if this is simply because it's very humid from everything being wet. The floor and roof are dry.
20190926_064218.jpg
20190926_064230.jpg

That's a beautiful morning sky!
How's your morning going so far? :caf

I can't wait til this weekend. I get to go pick up more birds! Saturday is another brown NN pullet. Sunday is a trio with a Blue Copper Marans pullet, 55 Flowery pullet, and a Blue Birchen Marans. All in the 4-5 month old range, and for free!
The birds on Sunday are original flock mates with the Dampierre boys I recently got.
:wee

I don't have any experience with barn paint. I got lucky, the building I use was already here when we bought the place. Sorry I don't really have any input on that part.
:oops:

More clouds today, we had rain last night.
Its about to get green there! I was in Arizona one time going from city to city for some strange reason I do not remember. I remember going through a stretch between the Nevada Border and Kingman and it was all dirt dust and or sand. Rocks too. Maybe a few Joshua trees (guessing that's what they were) drove around Arizona for a week and then went back through that same stretch and it was very green especially in the low lying areas. Apparently it rained while I was in Flagstaff or Pheonix or somewhere else. It was like a whole different place.

That's a beautiful morning sky!
How's your morning going so far? :caf

I can't wait til this weekend. I get to go pick up more birds! Saturday is another brown NN pullet. Sunday is a trio with a Blue Copper Marans pullet, 55 Flowery pullet, and a Blue Birchen Marans. All in the 4-5 month old range, and for free!
The birds on Sunday are original flock mates with the Dampierre boys I recently got.
:wee

I don't have any experience with barn paint. I got lucky, the building I use was already here when we bought the place. Sorry I don't really have any input on that part.
:oops:

Hi Trim, I'm good thanks! You're obviously pretty good :) How exciting you're getting more chickens! Will you be sharing pics of them in the Quack Shack? That name still cracks me up :gig

No worries on the paint lol. I was just thinking in it. Hubs will have to take a closer look at it before we decide what to do.

We are currently getting rain and I'm tied to my work phone, not my favorite but it pays the bills :idunno

Hi Trim, I'm good thanks! You're obviously pretty good :) How exciting you're getting more chickens! Will you be sharing pics of them in the Quack Shack? That name still cracks me up :gig

No worries on the paint lol. I was just thinking in it. Hubs will have to take a closer look at it before we decide what to do.

We are currently getting rain and I'm tied to my work phone, not my favorite but it pays the bills :idunno
Yeah, I'll have some pictures for sure!
Well rain is usually a good thing, and at least you're getting paid for being tethered to your phone. More phone, more feed, more birds! :D

Its about to get green there! I was in Arizona one time going from city to city for some strange reason I do not remember. I remember going through a stretch between the Nevada Border and Kingman and it was all dirt dust and or sand. Rocks too. Maybe a few Joshua trees (guessing that's what they were) drove around Arizona for a week and then went back through that same stretch and it was very green especially in the low lying areas. Apparently it rained while I was in Flagstaff or Pheonix or somewhere else. It was like a whole different place.

That's pretty much how it works. You think everything is just dead and has no hope and then the rains come and it becomes a whole new scene. Phoenix is named appropriately.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom