Pics
I started dating every egg when I collect them, I even keep pencils in the coops but thats more to write down who laid the egg because I can just write the date on them when I get inside if I forget to when Collecting. I used to guess how old an egg was when I gave them away and people would ask when they were laid. Now that all eggs are dated they do not need to ask. I started doing it for hatching then realized that its not big task to do it for all eggs.

I started dating every egg when I collect them, I even keep pencils in the coops but thats more to write down who laid the egg because I can just write the date on them when I get inside if I forget to when Collecting. I used to guess how old and egg was when I gave them away and people would ask when they were laid. Now that all eggs are dated they do not need to ask. I started doing it for hatching then realized that its not big task to do it for all eggs.
How many eggs do you get a day in the spring? I get at least 3 DZ... Today I got 2 lol ...everyone is molting or brooding

How many eggs do you get a day in the spring? I get at least 3 DZ... Today I got 2 lol ...everyone is molting or brooding
I have so many chickens coming in and out (or killed by dogs) that every spring is different. Last week I was getting about between 6 and 12 eggs a day then poof a bunch of Pullets came of age and today I got 20... If it was spring with the chickens I have now I would be getting 30. Some have shut down for for the season and others have slowed down.

@BlueBaby it should be pretty easy for you then. Fire up the second bator and move each egg into it at lockdown. Once you're down to the shipped eggs you're pretty well set.

That's what I thought, and why I bought the 2nd incubator for, right? I just got used to doing those smaller hatches lately, and now there's 36 in there. With the turner in later, it would be able to hold 42. I didn't buy a turner for the 2nd incubator though.

That's what I thought, and why I bought the 2nd incubator for, right? I just got used to doing those smaller hatches lately, and now there's 36 in there. With the turner in later, it would be able to hold 42. I didn't buy a turner for the 2nd incubator though.

You don't need it if you use the 2nd bator just for lockdown and hatch.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom