Pics
20191029_063934.jpg
20191029_063943_Burst01.jpg
20191029_064012.jpg

The peeps are adjusting pretty well. It's chilly in the house so they're out for a bit, then go back under the heat plate. That tiny Nn was the last to hatch and I did eggtopsies on a couple that didn't hatch. Shrink wrapping was an issue but the membrane wasn't tight around the chicks. They appeared to have just died. One pipped but appeared to have difficulty breathing and eventually what I think was yolk squeezed out through the pipped area of the egg. These were eggs that I'd marked to watch because they looked very porous.

In all I got 9 or 10 chicks that hatched from the shipped eggs.

Last edited:
Sorry you've had that going on Trim. I was wondering where you'd been...nice to have you back!
Thank NFC. :hugs

That winch named Depression has her heels dug in pretty deep right now. So I've been trying to stay busy around here, with idle hands and all. Though I'm starting to miss the social interactions, so I thought I should stick my nose in and say hi. :frow

I hope things are going well for you. With me... The good thing about being on the bottom is there is only 1 way to go, so things will indeed get better.

Thank NFC. :hugs

That winch named Depression has her heels dug in pretty deep right now. So I've been trying to stay busy around here, with idle hands and all. Though I'm starting to miss the social interactions, so I thought I should stick my nose in and say hi. :frow

I hope things are going well for you. With me... The good thing about being on the bottom is there is only 1 way to go, so things will indeed get better.

:hugs

The chicks outside have managed not to get into it with the big girls so far. I put the solid fronts on the big coop, it's considerably warmer in there and I'm finding the deep litter helps a lot. We've had variable winds even into the night and our temps have dropped into the 40s by morning.

I cleaned the bigger brooder to move the wee ones on Thursday. Today after work I'll be cleaning the mini coop but I'm still leaving it open until the weekend so the outside chicks can adjust to housing. The wee ones will go outside over the weekend and I'll do a head count.

There are carrots, peas and curly mustard growing in the garden.

Igor has snapped a tendon in his ankle so my list of things to do is long. :frow

Im sorry you had to do that. :hugs

I've put 2 down myself in the last 2 weeks. Even when it's the right thing to do, it's still not an easy thing to do.

I'm sorry Trim. I feel very much the same, depressed and ready to just say screw it all right now. I hope you're feeling better soon :hugs

Back
Top Bottom