@igorsMistress I have an FNN that looks exactly like your cockerel but he went Rogue and semi feral, he won't go back into the coop and roosts in the trees even though he isn't very large yet. The day after he got out of the brooder he just took off to the back the property. he will come into the main part of the back yard to raid feeders in various coops and he somehow can cut through chicken wire to get into various runs. Never had a bird like this. Sometimes I catch him at night and put him in the coop and luckily I got him that one bitter cold night because he is small and naked necked... might not have survived on his own. Eventually I assume a predator will get him if I don't eat him first. I have been avoiding BYC other than to check my Inbox because as I down size and get rid of chickens its a bit depressing to read about chickens... but I want to have this house sold in 2020 and the first step to getting the yard fixed up for selling the house is getting rid of my chickens. This spring I will have grass again!

@igorsMistress The FNN chick I have is red and has a fully feathered neck. It has 5 toes on one foot, but 4 toes on the other foot. You should be able to tell what NN chick's were from my flock by the darker colored leg's.

Yes that's how I'm able to tell them apart. Very convenient.

@igorsMistress I have an FNN that looks exactly like your cockerel but he went Rogue and semi feral, he won't go back into the coop and roosts in the trees even though he isn't very large yet. The day after he got out of the brooder he just took off to the back the property. he will come into the main part of the back yard to raid feeders in various coops and he somehow can cut through chicken wire to get into various runs. Never had a bird like this. Sometimes I catch him at night and put him in the coop and luckily I got him that one bitter cold night because he is small and naked necked... might not have survived on his own. Eventually I assume a predator will get him if I don't eat him first. I have been avoiding BYC other than to check my Inbox because as I down size and get rid of chickens its a bit depressing to read about chickens... but I want to have this house sold in 2020 and the first step to getting the yard fixed up for selling the house is getting rid of my chickens. This spring I will have grass again!

Hi! I really didn't expect to hear from you, I understand your feelings. I figured you'd catch it when you were settled and livged back in.
I hope your house sells quickly and you can get settled in a new place.

Yes I do a little bit. I'm following as well but haven't had a chance to read thru it yet.

My neighbor's tangelo tree is full again this year. They always try to give me more than I can eat up fast enough. I wonder if there is a way to can some of it for some jelly or a sauce for chicken instead of using the orange sauce for making "orange chicken"?

My neighbor's tangelo tree is full again this year. They always try to give me more than I can eat up fast enough. I wonder if there is a way to can some of it for some jelly or a sauce for chicken instead of using the orange sauce for making "orange chicken"?

I imagine you could do that!

20191223_132418.jpg

Abby. I have to trick her to get a pic.

Back
Top Bottom