Quick flock update:

We had to put down the Dorking roo, he had some sort of growth on his neck. The Faverolles boy (Fat Albert) went to my sons last night. I didn't think it was a great idea but they wanted him.

Fugly Jr, we call him Junior, wasn't too upset when Fat Albert went after the blue girl, but if he made a pass at the red, buff or black girl it was becoming a problem and fights were going to ensue.

Junior does chase the 2 other Turken boys, they're headed to the freezer this weekend. This time I'm going to do the kills.

Here are a few pics
20200108_150029.jpg

Above is the little roo I hope to keep with the red girls. He's from Roger and the Cowgirl @BlueBaby
20200108_150055.jpg

3 of the Dorking/Red Ranger girls

20200108_150103.jpg

The pullet in front is one from Roger and the Cowgirl. The cockerel standing next to her is the only Nn I got from the eggs from CompostKing. He's a good size, 5 toes on one foot and 4 on the other.
20200108_150116.jpg

A comparison between the Nn/Dorking mix and the white roo going to the freezer.

I'm still teaching the littles to roost at night and it amazes me that they are so heavy for their size.

My baby snuggling with me
20200109_054402.jpg

@igorsMistress Thank's for the update, and in letting us know that you are doing ok over there. My 4 chick's from that last hatch are already integrated with the adult's. That FNN sure is fast when I toss out any treat's, and she sure like's to eat! :gigShe also has the 5 toe's on one foot but 4 on the other. I had 2 more chick's that hatched late last night, but sill waiting for the other 4 to hatch too. The 2 that hatched last night are from a cream colored NN hen (Carmela) that has the bib. The remaining 4 egg's, are 2 from Carmela, and 2 from Lucille, the reddish brown NN hen. I wanted to see what chick's from them would turn out to be.

@igorsMistress Thank's for the update, and in letting us know that you are doing ok over there. My 4 chick's from that last hatch are already integrated with the adult's. That FNN sure is fast when I toss out any treat's, and she sure like's to eat! :gigShe also has the 5 toe's on one foot but 4 on the other. I had 2 more chick's that hatched late last night, but sill waiting for the other 4 to hatch too. The 2 that hatched last night are from a cream colored NN hen (Carmela) that has the bib. The remaining 4 egg's, are 2 from Carmela, and 2 from Lucille, the reddish brown NN hen. I wanted to see what chick's from them would turn out to be.

Hope you'll share some pictures of the new chicks, congrats!

Back
Top Bottom