@BlueBaby I'm fine over here just incredibly busy at the moment. I am in the middle of a major purge of junk and unused stuff. Igor is irritated and says it looks like we don't live here now, but he's being melodramatic View attachment 1999466

Add in 2 grandkids to take care of with the dogs and chickens, plus Igor is sick and broken too, so my days are full.

Things will get better IM :hugs

If they do, send me a link will ya? I haven't found mine yet.
:gig

Round TUIT When you get a Round TUIT Qty (20) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y7FVYWG/?tag=backy-20

Screenshot_20200112-060944.png

Processing update...I waited until the last minute and told Igor I wanted to try cutting the heads off the 2 roos we did today. He gets anxious when he knows in advance and then I would feed off that and chicken out.

I asked him to explain how hard I had to push while slicing. He said to think of trying to cut through the garden hose, he was right. I was able to cut the artery so the body would have bled out quickly, but I couldn't make it all the way through the neck. I was somewhat disappointed but at least I made the attempt and it would have been a quick death. I feel more capable anyway and will try again with the next batch. The Nn make it very easy to see the artery so there's no mistake, a plus in my opinion.

We purchased a propane burner to use outside for scalding and a larger trash can for catching feathers. The next addition will be something to hang the chicken from while plucking and I really want a stainless table for butchering.

This morning when I let the rest of the flock out things were much calmer than they have been. Yesterday Jr was chasing the other white roo quite a bit. That guy had also begun to crow after Fat Albert left. It was a nice throaty crow, but he was mean to the chicks and Jr lets the girls take care of that. We'll see what Jr is like now that he's the man, right now he's out there crowing.

I came very close to processing the Dorking mix girl, I even had her in my arms standing in front of the crate, but changed my mind. She's still a little thing, very pretty and nearing POL. We'll see which flock she ends up in.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom