If I may ask, any guarantee on hatching or delivery? Thank you

There never is when you have to rely on the post office on shipped hatching egg's. All you can do is hope. Sometimes you can get a fair hatch. If I do, then I will go back to her thread to praise her for them.

Thank's! I was working with the same color's of this before when I was doing those Australorp's, but this time they will be the NN's that can handle our summer heat better.
Please tell me more. I'm under the impression that Australorps handled heat.

The small combed Easter Eggers were standing around holding their wings out most of the summer. But so were the large combed Leghorns. It was hot and humid.

Barnyard mixes have Dominique so I've got 5 with flat cushion type combs along with the Easter Eggers. I was leaning to keeping the single combed ones before DD#2 tamed the cushion combed stripeys. Things we do for our kids...

Thank's! I was working with the same color's of this before when I was doing those Australorp's, but this time they will be the NN's that can handle our summer heat better.

Did you like the Australorps BB? Everyone always says how nice they are, but my experience with them was totally opposite.

Did you like the Australorps BB? Everyone always says how nice they are, but my experience with them was totally opposite.

I had the breeder's type of the Black/Blue/Splash Australorp's. I didn't have a problem with them really, except for that they didn't do my heat over here as well. I sold them all to a lady from Colorado that drove down here and took them back with her. I did keep one of the Splash girl's for awhile that I gave to @Michelle Guynn who has now moved to PA.

I had the breeder's type of the Black/Blue/Splash Australorp's. I didn't have a problem with them really, except for that they didn't do my heat over here as well. I sold them all to a lady from Colorado that drove down here and took them back with her. I did keep one of the Splash girl's for awhile that I gave to @Michelle Guynn who has now moved to PA.

I got 3 of the BA's from a hatchery along with several other breeds. Of those 3, 1 was a non-stop broody (and I mean constantly), 1 had a nasty disposition and terrorized the other chickens. The 3rd one broke her neck flying smack into the side of the coop one day.

That was enough for me to decide there were other breeds for me. They are pretty birds, I'll say that. And anything splash is A-ok in my book!

I can tell ya this blue girl here has a TON of fluff even though she's an Nn. I do love her color though, gorgeous in the sun! She looks like a little storm cloud running around on the ground.
I had a hatchery Aussie plus a few I got from BB. They were all sweet natured. My Rhodies were the more...assertive girls.

What breeds do you have right now?

Back
Top Bottom