Thank you so much! I'm not looking to stay anything where I'm tied to a phone and definitely not insurance. What a racket!

I'd kind of like to work in a nursery, I love to garden, but I'm not sure. I've worked for this company for 16 years; I didn't choose this as a job, it was good pay and benefits and we needed that at the time.
Good pay and benefits. Sounds familiar. :he

I'm reminded of a coworker who said, "I came here looking for a job and I will leave here looking for a job. What's the problem?" Puts things in perspective.

Nursery work sounds nice. The joke at my house is "I always wanted to be a lumberjack." ala Monty Python. Now I want to be a Forest Ranger. If I get the kids out of school, I might have enough time for a second career. Big IF there. DD#1 threatening to go for a Biology Masters already. I told her good luck, I paid for the first one.

Silly question on my part, how many nurseries are in Arizona? Seems like a dry place for plants. I've read how California is short on water for all the tropical plants.

Cheers

Good pay and benefits. Sounds familiar. :he

I'm reminded of a coworker who said, "I came here looking for a job and I will leave here looking for a job. What's the problem?" Puts things in perspective.

Nursery work sounds nice. The joke at my house is "I always wanted to be a lumberjack." ala Monty Python. Now I want to be a Forest Ranger. If I get the kids out of school, I might have enough time for a second career. Big IF there. DD#1 threatening to go for a Biology Masters already. I told her good luck, I paid for the first one.

Silly question on my part, how many nurseries are in Arizona? Seems like a dry place for plants. I've read how California is short on water for all the tropical plants.

Cheers
There are the big box stores of course and there's a local chain with various locations. My side of the valley is less developed overall so there are options. My biggest issue is the heat in summer.

I lived in CA for a very long time before I knew how it all came together there. AZ is different though...people know they're in the desert and generally select water wise plants. The cities tend to do the same. There aren't a lot of grass yards and my city even pays residents to ditch their lawns and xeriscape.

I'd kind of like to work in a nursery, I love to garden, but I'm not sure. I've worked for this company for 16 years; I didn't choose this as a job, it was good pay and benefits and we needed that at the time.

That's how I ended up working in the health insurance industry for 33 years. Steady job, good pay and benefits. The ex wasn't good at holding down a job for long so it gave me and the kids some stability. But what a soul-killer!

No matter what you do next IM, do something you like! The enjoyment of doing what you want can help make up for some of the more material perks.

That's how I ended up working in the health insurance industry for 33 years. Steady job, good pay and benefits. The ex wasn't good at holding down a job for long so it gave me and the kids some stability. But what a soul-killer!

No matter what you do next IM, do something you like! The enjoyment of doing what you want can help make up for some of the more material perks.
Thanks NFC, soul killer for sure lol.

Y’all are depressing. But I do get it. Chickens help. :D
8E3B85B4-EEB0-47A4-A7F1-E921BC267409.jpeg

:wootI just registered with the AZ Dept of Agriculture to sell Nest Run eggs. No fees, I can sell 750 dozen in plain cartons marked Nest Run. I need a receipt book and some cartons. Not sure what to do for an FF logo yet but I'm working on that now.

Congrats! I should probably do that too! I'll have more laying hen's here this year than before. I have some extra egg carton's over here if you need some.

Congrats! I should probably do that too! I'll have more laying hen's here this year than before. I have some extra egg carton's over here if you need some.
Thanks but those you can't use for selling here. Has to be plain and marked nest run. I have at least 20 store cartons myself.

I candled this morning and all 8 eggs are fertile. I finally got a look at the blue hens egg to know which is hers. She had a hissy fit because the buff girl was in the nest, so she laid her egg in the straw in the mini coop :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom