3 chicks after I came home from the store, all white. 3 more pips.
Pictures or it didn't happen. :D

I've got 18 day old quails in my brooder.
DAB08A3E-64D7-4E88-8B42-D3B4A1D61416.jpeg

Congrats on this hatch, @igorsMistress Jr, hatched from one of the tan egg's from the dark eyed girl and Charley, if I remember right? That would put him as being a dominate white? Roger's babies are hatching out different color's.
I have 5 babies so far, all white.

@BlueBaby I think the white is recessive because it covers everything else. Dominant would allow other colors.

It was my understanding when I got my first group of 4 of those white NN's, that they came out of a pen of White Breese that she had thrown 2 white NN hen's into to get those for me.

The cowgirl is one that I bred myself with Charley over a Crested Cream Legbar hen. I outcrossed to get gene diversity.

It was my understanding when I got my first group of 4 of those white NN's, that they came out of a pen of White Breese that she had thrown 2 white NN hen's into to get those for me.

The cowgirl is one that I bred myself with Charley over a Crested Cream Legbar hen. I outcrossed to get gene diversity.
I had a feeling I'd end up with white chicks. I hatched eggs from blue, red and buff hens. I'm going to consider locking up Jr to see how the youngster behaves without any competition.

Back
Top Bottom