20200428_124734.jpg

This is my cuckoo polish Daphne. When I first met her at the farm I got her from i thought she was rather fugly... she had been mated a LOT with an aggressive roo who had ripped a lot of her head feathers out. I've had her nearly 3 years and she still has a bald patch on the top of her head! She came over to me instantly the day we met and made this little cooing noise. She seemed so sweet I wanted her straight away. 3 years later shes the friendliest sweetest little girl. Shes a great layer, comes in the house and follows me everywhere. Now I think shes not fugly at all. I trim the feathers at the front of her head so they dont get wet and dangle in her eyes. Shes my beautiful Daph... ❤❤❤

View attachment 2112121
This is my cuckoo polish Daphne. When I first met her at the farm I got her from i thought she was rather fugly... she had been mated a LOT with an aggressive roo who had ripped a lot of her head feathers out. I've had her nearly 3 years and she still has a bald patch on the top of her head! She came over to me instantly the day we met and made this little cooing noise. She seemed so sweet I wanted her straight away. 3 years later shes the friendliest sweetest little girl. Shes a great layer, comes in the house and follows me everywhere. Now I think shes not fugly at all. I trim the feathers at the front of her head so they dont get wet and dangle in her eyes. Shes my beautiful Daph... ❤❤❤

She's a pretty girl!

View attachment 2112121
Awe, what a pretty little girl. Thank you for sharing a picture of her :love Is she your only Polish?

Awe, what a pretty little girl. Thank you for sharing a picture of her :love Is she your only Polish?
Thanks so much, I have 6 polish. Daphne and Velma (shes all black) who are named in memory of my old dog Scooby. Alice who is all white and completely nuts, Domino a white crested rescue lady, Honey the gold lace (shes a real stunner) and Connie another cuckoo. Also got Stella the silver Sussex, and Sylvie the black silkie.

Also got 5 5 week old chicks that Sylvie sat on as eggs but then attacked so they're under a lamp now! 1 sablepoot, 2 lavender araucanas and 2 buff wyandottes. Just waiting to find out sexes of the chicks cos we can only keep the girls

Sorry didn't mean to post such a long one but I ❤ my girls so much I am obsessed!

Thanks so much, I have 6 polish. Daphne and Velma (shes all black) who are named in memory of my old dog Scooby. Alice who is all white and completely nuts, Domino a white crested rescue lady, Honey the gold lace (shes a real stunner) and Connie another cuckoo. Also got Stella the silver Sussex, and Sylvie the black silkie.

Also got 5 5 week old chicks that Sylvie sat on as eggs but then attacked so they're under a lamp now! 1 sablepoot, 2 lavender araucanas and 2 buff wyandottes. Just waiting to find out sexes of the chicks cos we can only keep the girls

Sorry didn't mean to post such a long one but I ❤ my girls so much I am obsessed!
Please, I think we're all a little obsessed here lol! Polish are adorable, you're welcome to post here anytime. Honey is a stunner, I love gold laced anything.

Back
Top Bottom