I've been busy all morning getting the yard raked, chickens fed and watered, patios swept. I planted some grass seed in the dog yard, transplanted mint to a pot that previously held some nasturtiums and put some Greek oregano in the ground. Shrubs in the backyard have been fertilized as well. Cleaned up the kitchen and made the boys clean up the living room. I can't stand a messy kitchen, it makes me View attachment 2119050which is what I did. My daughter is mad at me but :idunno I cleaned up Hop Tarts pen and watered my inside plants after transplanting one to a larger pot. Time for a fresh cup of coffee before I get back to work. Weeds in the front yard need pulling :sick

ETA in my purging mood again today. I'm sick of dusting a couple of small tables so I ordered 3 plant stands that match one I have in the living room. Tables will go to Goodwill and plants will go in the stands in front of the window instead.

A nice fresh cup of coffee to relax a bit with, is always a good thing. It's going to get up there on the temp. again this afternoon.

A nice fresh cup of coffee to relax a bit with, is always a good thing. It's going to get up there on the temp. again this afternoon.
Yes'm, my a/c was running at 8 AM. I'll be going out to turn on the hose in a while, should stir the litter in the coop too.

Yes'm, my a/c was running at 8 AM. I'll be going out to turn on the hose in a while, should stir the litter in the coop too.

Yes, can't live in this heat without an a/c for sure. I still go out there every couple of hours to check up on them all, and collect any egg's when I do.

I have to keep a couple of the pullet's from last month's hatch, and from this hatch coming up on the 10th. They won't moult this winter being born this late, so I should still have some egg's this winter from them.

Yes, can't live in this heat without an a/c for sure. I still go out there every couple of hours to check up on them all, and collect any egg's when I do.

I have to keep a couple of the pullet's from last month's hatch, and from this hatch coming up on the 10th. They won't moult this winter being born this late, so I should still have some egg's this winter from them.
I go out regularly too. I put some electrolytes in a waterer today. I see 106 in the 7 day forecast.

Last night the red girls were being particularly rotten and mean. Since they won't be here long I moved them to the mini coop. I'll be doing that until they're gone but the kid has 2 weeks to pick them up. After that, freezer camp.

I sat in a chair on the patio last night while the flock had dinner and ran around the yard some. The chicks went all the way around the garden and stayed out as late as possible. The roo was seriously thinking about mating with one of the red girls. She was growling at him :gig

This morning the newbies came out of the coop yard with the rest of the flock and had some scratch so they're slowly integrating with everyone else.

Last night the red girls were being particularly rotten and mean. Since they won't be here long I moved them to the mini coop. I'll be doing that until they're gone but the kid has 2 weeks to pick them up. After that, freezer camp.

I sat in a chair on the patio last night while the flock had dinner and ran around the yard some. The chicks went all the way around the garden and stayed out as late as possible. The roo was seriously thinking about mating with one of the red girls. She was growling at him :gig

This morning the newbies came out of the coop yard with the rest of the flock and had some scratch so they're slowly integrating with everyone else.

This red girl over here that hatched from the FNN egg isn't mean. It's the one that I named Five, because she has 5 toes on one foot. If I do another hatch before I quit this other batch that hatches on the 10th, I will add some of Five's egg's in it. I'll put some of Miss Foofy Faces pretty egg's, and some more of the Barnevelder's in there too. That will be 3 different egg color's, and maybe some more that look like Candy will hatch out?

IM hope your alleged hacker attack has given up. Turned out to be" Dumb and Dumber-" one of which likes your posts. Maybe you were meant as a decoy. :idunnoSMH - both need a cattle prod applied to some part dear to them, if they even possess it.

The newbies and chicks are making progress. I let everyone out this morning and all went out to the big yard for breakfast together. The chicks are enjoying the compost pile and bushes; I saw the new pullet out in the compost pile last night after dinner also. The roo is sort of wandering about unsure what to do with himself. I'm happy they're all starting to hang out together a little more. The red girls went to the mini coop again last night and were in there growling at me as I added each one :gig They are not happy! I'm pretty sure the chicks are 3 cockerels and 5 pullets; I've selected 2 pullets I want to keep in the flock, both are white with black spots of varying size. This would give me 9 hens and 1 roo. If I downsize more then 2 of the white/black would go. I'm curious to see what chicks might look like from the roo and Cuckoo 🤔 I need a name for this rooster but nothing has come to mind yet. Suggestions?

The newbies and chicks are making progress. I let everyone out this morning and all went out to the big yard for breakfast together. The chicks are enjoying the compost pile and bushes; I saw the new pullet out in the compost pile last night after dinner also. The roo is sort of wandering about unsure what to do with himself. I'm happy they're all starting to hang out together a little more. The red girls went to the mini coop again last night and were in there growling at me as I added each one :gig They are not happy! I'm pretty sure the chicks are 3 cockerels and 5 pullets; I've selected 2 pullets I want to keep in the flock, both are white with black spots of varying size. This would give me 9 hens and 1 roo. If I downsize more then 2 of the white/black would go. I'm curious to see what chicks might look like from the roo and Cuckoo 🤔 I need a name for this rooster but nothing has come to mind yet. Suggestions?

I stink at names :p

With my first flock, I named all the chickens after friends. Some friends were very pleased. Others, not so much. :gig

Back
Top Bottom