Thank you. Tails are a little rough but they’re almost done with the losing part of molting.

I know what you mean. I have some that are done with it, and some that are still molting. They don't seem to be doing a real hard molt this year though. One year there were so many feather's on the ground I was surprised to see that there were still any feather's at all on them. ;)

Dehydrated chipotles in adobo. I’ll run this through a spice grinder to pulverize into powder later and it’ll definitely give a nice kick to zucchini chips. Once it’s dry it peels off the parchment in sheets.
082E5B36-E7CC-4916-A06C-0F8DCA10DFE3.jpeg

All 7 of the wee chicks are gone. Yay!! Now there’s just the AC cockerel to get rid of and I’m set for a while. I’ll tell ya, I took my life in my hands collecting those chicks from Cuckoo. She may never speak to me again and I think I’m going to need eyes in the back of my head whenever I go out there.

All 7 of the wee chicks are gone. Yay!! Now there’s just the AC cockerel to get rid of and I’m set for a while. I’ll tell ya, I took my life in my hands collecting those chicks from Cuckoo. She may never speak to me again and I think I’m going to need eyes in the back of my head whenever I go out there.

Well, at least you know that she will be a good mother to any future chick's that you either hatch or get.

Is an AC cockerel an Atlantic City cockerel (just any ol’ gamblin’ man) or is that an Ayam Cemani? :)

Yes this is true. I can’t believe it all worked out the way it did but I’m happy.

I got another egg from both the dark eyed girl and the Cowgirl today, so I'm happy that they are both giving me those bigger egg's. There's another younger white Nn girl that's been giving me some nice sized egg's too, and they are browner than the dark-eyed girl's eggs are.

I got another egg from both the dark eyed girl and the Cowgirl today, so I'm happy that they are both giving me those bigger egg's. There's another younger white Nn girl that's been giving me some nice sized egg's too, and they are browner than the dark-eyed girl's eggs are.
I’m getting nice eggs from my Nn girls also. More on the size of store eggs this year.

Back
Top Bottom