It’s very difficult to get pics of the babies with the afternoon sun because they’re the same color as the bedding. They were right inside the pop door watching everything the big girls were doing.
Pip went in with them through the pop door after Fig and Bean went in through the big door and she could see them inside :gigTook them all a minute to figure it out. I just left the big girls In the tub and the pop door open. We’ll see how things go. Fig and Bean came to maul my phone but I didn’t get any duck selfies today. I’m going to take them a few mealworms shortly and let the ducklings see them eat from my hand.
223E68E1-AB20-4D83-9782-9FD32ADFAC86.jpeg
A384D1AA-A73C-46A0-84F6-5DB3705F58E4.jpeg
6CA8FAA0-7CCA-48A6-A3A1-EA864CAD83CF.jpeg
BB460463-5542-4CBC-B31A-7C2E322AEFF3.jpeg

ETA I went to check on how things were going. The littles were out in the big yard with the bigs and Fig was not happy. The bigs don’t want to share the pool and Fig was chasing the littles and shoving them away. Too much of an age difference yet, the big girls are teenagers at 10-16 weeks. The littles are actual babies still. So the big girls have shown the littles what to do in the tub and we’re keeping everyone separate for a while longer.

Last edited:
It’s very difficult to get pics of the babies with the afternoon sun because they’re the same color as the bedding. They were right inside the pop door watching everything the big girls were doing.
Pip went in with them through the pop door after Fig and Bean went in through the big door and she could see them inside :gigTook them all a minute to figure it out. I just left the big girls In the tub and the pop door open. We’ll see how things go. Fig and Bean came to maul my phone but I didn’t get any duck selfies today. I’m going to take them a few mealworms shortly and let the ducklings see them eat from my hand.
View attachment 2539969View attachment 2539970View attachment 2539971View attachment 2539972
ETA I went to check on how things were going. The littles were out in the big yard with the bigs and Fig was not happy. The bigs don’t want to share the pool and Fig was chasing the littles and shoving them away. Too much of an age difference yet, the big girls are teenagers at 10-16 weeks. The littles are actual babies still. So the big girls have shown the littles what to do in the tub and we’re keeping everyone separate for a while longer.
the babies look like they're plotting to take over the black tub!

View attachment 2539969View attachment 2539970View attachment 2539971View attachment 2539972

Interesting to hear how that went! The bigs better watch out, the littles won't be little forever :lol:

Back
Top Bottom