We rented the auger today and dug all the holes. This is one of the plum trees, and I moved one of the Vitex today. Everything else gets planted tomorrow, it got too hot and I didn’t think I should transplant more when it’s supposed be over 100 degrees here today. Once all the planting is done I need to moved some mulch and put a deeper layer around the trees for summer.
D399EA73-61C1-4FED-8002-4ED8E81FEB5B.jpeg

We rented the auger today and dug all the holes. This is one of the plum trees, and I moved one of the Vitex today. Everything else gets planted tomorrow, it got too hot and I didn’t think I should transplant more when it’s supposed be over 100 degrees here today. Once all the planting is done I need to moved some mulch and put a deeper layer around the trees for summer.
View attachment 3107855

That auger must have been well worth the cost to rent it! Can't imagine having to dig a bunch of holes in your temps IM 🥵

View attachment 3107855
It's going to look lovely when you have finished I think. Such a struggle to keep things alive in the temperatures you get.

View attachment 3107855
Looks great! tomorrow is supposed to be a few degrees cooler, I think.

That auger must have been well worth the cost to rent it! Can't imagine having to dig a bunch of holes in your temps IM 🥵
Well worth the cost indeed. I still had to put a good amount of gypsum in the bottom of the holes. Most of the backyard has been empty for the most part until we came long.
It's going to look lovely when you have finished I think. Such a struggle to keep things alive in the temperatures you get.
Thanks Shad, I sure hope everything makes it. I’ve learned a lot from a local farm that allows visitors, so I’m hoping for the best. The abundance of trees will significantly reduce the temperature in our microclimate eventually, so gardening will be easier with time.

Trees are in, mulberries have been potted and stakes are in the ground for some shade cloth. Still no action on the apple tree. I hope gurney’s will give me a credit because they should have shipped it in January or February since it bare root. I’m irritated about that.
41D9145E-5129-4CF7-BD9A-06FE6E6CAC0B.jpeg
0CA31CAE-8EC2-4123-9439-9187C99D7F8D.jpeg
F6232973-C96D-49C9-852C-EC9800136C0A.jpeg

5E739314-90DD-4C2E-A102-6C1FFE8E4EC6.jpeg

Sorry about the apple tree IM. Hope the nursery will give you a refund or credit.

The rest looks great! You must be tired.
Thanks NFC. I’m starving actually, and tired! I forgot to eat breakfast. We get our new mattress today so there’s no rest yet. Still have housework to finish.

Thanks NFC. I’m starving actually, and tired! I forgot to eat breakfast. We get our new mattress today so there’s no rest yet. Still have housework to finish.
Need your breakfast in that heat IM. Breakfast was about the only meal I really enjoyed in the Catalonian summer heat.

Back
Top Bottom