Might need to add more soil but still deciding (and I’m over working today).
IMG_6645.jpeg

ETA I added almost a whole bag of perlite to the soil. Even though I used soil specifically for cacti it didn’t drain as well as I would have liked. Done now, I can stop obsessing over it.

Last edited:
View attachment 3679073
ETA I added almost a whole bag of perlite to the soil. Even though I used soil specifically for cacti it didn’t drain as well as I would have liked. Done now, I can stop obsessing over it.

I like the looks of the sink with the aloe planted in it.

View attachment 3679073

iM

We have similar repurposing ideas. Here is what I did . I utilized the hügelkultur method, so the drainage is good.
My MO$T EXPEN$IVE flower pot when NEW. :old:gig:gig
IMG_20231108_131317755.jpg

Coming to the end for these Impatiens, we already had a freeze, so I slipped these for the cold nights into the utility room. Right now we are enjoying nice autumn weather and no frost for possibly next 2 weeks, so these still provide nice scene until then. My other container grown flowers are in hibernation mode until spring.

Sorry, I meant to post these replies yesterday

I like the looks of the sink with the aloe planted in it.
Do you? It doesn’t look dorky?

iM

We have similar repurposing ideas. Here is what I did . I utilized the hügelkultur method, so the drainage is good.
My MO$T EXPEN$IVE flower pot when NEW. :old:gig:gig
View attachment 3679178
Coming to the end for these Impatiens, we already had a freeze, so I slipped these for the cold nights into the utility room. Right now we are enjoying nice autumn weather and no frost for possibly next 2 weeks, so these still provide nice scene until then. My other container grown flowers are in hibernation mode until spring.
Love that Cavey! I can’t really do flowers in the backyard unless they’re under lock and key. I have a line in the yard where nothing is green because the chickens can graze lol. I would definitely use the tank in my front yard though!

Sorry, I meant to post these replies yesterday

Do you? It doesn’t look dorky?

Love that Cavey! I can’t really do flowers in the backyard unless they’re under lock and key. I have a line in the yard where nothing is green because the chickens can graze lol. I would definitely use the tank in my front yard though!

No, the sink doesn't look dorky at all!

I realized why I wasn’t using the bee waterer. It’s too shallow and the water dries up too fast, so it’s not something that works very well. I really can’t use the small sink for one because it gets far too much sun. I found a small waterer for pets at walmart today. Combined with some pebbles I found in the back of my craft cabinet, I think it’ll do the trick. I can set this on top of the chickens water bucket for the bees
IMG_6649.jpeg

You gave me a good idea with those pebbles. Next spring, when my patio flowers are blooming, I will set up a bee water station using similar. This year I was using a small recirculating fountain. It was dated, and at end bit the dust.
I do like to treat the bees with a drink, since they visit my flowers daily. BTW, the bees are most likely my neighbors' that lives ½ block away. I see them all summer. The bees never bother me, since they are Honey Bees. He provides me with some honey at end of season.
Below is a pix of a jar of honey from him. I just think to myself. In the jar, are molecules of flower nectar from MY FLOWERS ❤️
1699557498128.png

IMG_20230810_155039050.jpg

You gave me a good idea with those pebbles. Next spring, when my patio flowers are blooming, I will set up a bee water station using similar. This year I was using a small recirculating fountain. It was dated, and at end bit the dust.
I do like to treat the bees with a drink, since they visit my flowers daily. BTW, the bees are most likely my neighbors' that lives ½ block away. I see them all summer. The bees never bother me, since they are Honey Bees. He provides me with some honey at end of season.
Below is a pix of a jar of honey from him. I just think to myself. In the jar, are molecules of flower nectar from MY FLOWERS ❤️
View attachment 3679879

View attachment 3679897
That’s so cool! We can’t keep bees in the neighborhood here, too much risk of Africanization. We looked into it though.

Back
Top Bottom