I didn't think you had green stuff where you live!
That is what we operate with this side of the pond.:frow:old
Only GREEN stuff with any importance :idunno
1707208546516.png

Ok I know I said I was taking 40 days off, but I don’t use my allowance of 20 minutes daily to check the news and stuff so it’s ok. Also, I’m excited for chicks :)

I saw Attila squat for Elvis recently, but hadn’t been getting her eggs so I knew she had a secret hiding spot. She disappeared one night, but was out the next day and stayed out most of the day. I happened to be on a yard work break and she caught my eye. It was like all the sudden she was looking at where her nest is and was like oh crap I forgot the kids! :gigSo, by March 1 I hope I’ll have some chick pics to share. Until then, stay safe and be happy.

Ok I know I said I was taking 40 days off, but I don’t use my allowance of 20 minutes daily to check the news and stuff so it’s ok. Also, I’m excited for chicks :)

I saw Attila squat for Elvis recently, but hadn’t been getting her eggs so I knew she had a secret hiding spot. She disappeared one night, but was out the next day and stayed out most of the day. I happened to be on a yard work break and she caught my eye. It was like all the sudden she was looking at where her nest is and was like oh crap I forgot the kids! :gigSo, by March 1 I hope I’ll have some chick pics to share. Until then, stay safe and be happy.

Here's hoping you'll have some new chicks to share with us IM :fl

Things were going great. Got the inside of the coop painted and a second door installed

IMG_7303.jpeg
IMG_7304.jpeg

Used a bunch of wood leftover from the old garden and some blocks to build shade/cover for the chickens, will post a pic later I guess I don’t have one. We have a couple of Harris’s Hawks that are nesting nearby. The cover is just to be a deterrent, but if those hawks come into the yard there’s really nothing that can be done. We’ve seen them go into the palm trees around the neighborhood and take birds out. 😬

The day of my last post hubs was off so we took the dogs with us to get some extra park time and run errands. The park has a hill you have to climb and the bathrooms are up top. Not a bad one really, but I needed to use the RR so I walked up the hill fast and at an angle. Heard and felt a loud pop in my heel and I was down. After a visit to ER and some tests, my Achilles isn’t fully torn, but it’s in bad shape and I’ve been on crutches since :rant

No chicks yet and no pips as of yesterday afternoon. It’s not easy getting out there on crutches, but I do anyway. Just gotta watch for bathing pits :gig

Last edited:
Things were going great. Got the inside of the coop painted and a second door installed

View attachment 3760753View attachment 3760754

Used a bunch of wood leftover from the old garden and some blocks to build shade/cover for the chickens, will post a pic later I guess I don’t have one.

The day of my last post hubs was off so we took the dogs with us to get some extra park time and run errands. The park has a hill you have to climb and the bathrooms are up top. Not a bad one really, but I needed to use the RR so I walked up the hill fast and at an angle. Heard and felt a loud pop in my heel and I was down. After a visit to ER and some tests lithe Achilles isn’t fully torn, but it’s in bad shape and I’ve been on crutches since :rant

No chicks yet and no pips as of yesterday afternoon. It’s not easy getting out there on crutches, but I do anyway. Just gotta watch for bathing pits :gig
Oh IM, I'm sorry. I hope you aren't in too much pain!
Good luck with your little pips!

View attachment 3760753View attachment 3760754

Used a bunch of wood leftover from the old garden and some blocks to build shade/cover for the chickens, will post a pic later I guess I don’t have one. We have a couple of Harris’s Hawks that are nesting nearby. The cover is just to be a deterrent, but if those hawks come into the yard there’s really nothing that can be done. We’ve seen them go into the palm trees around the neighborhood and take birds out. 😬

The day of my last post hubs was off so we took the dogs with us to get some extra park time and run errands. The park has a hill you have to climb and the bathrooms are up top. Not a bad one really, but I needed to use the RR so I walked up the hill fast and at an angle. Heard and felt a loud pop in my heel and I was down. After a visit to ER and some tests, my Achilles isn’t fully torn, but it’s in bad shape and I’ve been on crutches since :rant

Ouch 😟 feel better soon :hugs

Grass is coming in nicely

IMG_7360.jpeg

Arabian lilac
IMG_7358.jpeg

Chaste trees haven’t started greening up yet but the limbs are still pliable so leaving them alone for now
IMG_7356.jpeg

I don’t remember what this is but it’s a succulent. I can divide this into more plants, might try this year or wait until next, haven’t decided yet
IMG_7355.jpeg

Blocked this flood vent in the wall to keep babies in when they hatch
IMG_7353.jpeg

Blocked chicken access to the space behind the shed, I think they were laying eggs behind it
IMG_7352.jpeg

New door on the coop and the block for the other side of the shed. We took the shade cloth off as I don’t think it really did any good. Going to put my Fugly Farm sign up there and the solar light
IMG_7351.jpeg

This is the shade/cover I’m working on still. We got it all built and the top on but since I’m on crutches I had the teenager pile a bunch of debris on top from trimming stuff for now. Going to get that off this weekend and cover with palm fronds and the rest of the wood pieces from the old garden. Shade will be more dense that way and it will look better. The debris needed to dry some before we can run it through the shredder anyway. I used broken bits of whatever I have laying around to hold the back pieces flat against the cinder block
IMG_7350.jpeg
IMG_7349.jpeg
IMG_7347.jpeg

Elvis, just because he’s beautiful. I love this rooster! The bag things on the planters are to keep birds out while the carrots grow big enough to not interest them.

IMG_7348.jpeg

Please excuse the mess, I planned to have it all done by now and it weren’t in the cards.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom