Grass is coming in nicely

View attachment 3760846

Arabian lilac
View attachment 3760847

Chaste trees haven’t started greening up yet but the limbs are still pliable so leaving them alone for now
View attachment 3760848

I don’t remember what this is but it’s a succulent. I can divide this into more plants, might try this year or wait until next, haven’t decided yet
View attachment 3760849

Blocked this flood vent in the wall to keep babies in when they hatch
View attachment 3760850

Blocked chicken access to the space behind the shed, I think they were laying eggs behind it
View attachment 3760851

New door on the coop and the block for the other side of the shed. We took the shade cloth off as I don’t think it really did any good. Going to put my Fugly Farm sign up there and the solar light
View attachment 3760852

This is the shade/cover I’m working on still. We got it all built and the top on but since I’m on crutches I had the teenager pile a bunch of debris on top from trimming stuff for now. Going to get that off this weekend and cover with palm fronds and the rest of the wood pieces from the old garden. Shade will be more dense that way and it will look better. The debris needed to dry some before we can run it through the shredder anyway. I used broken bits of whatever I have laying around to hold the back pieces flat against the cinder block
View attachment 3760853View attachment 3760854View attachment 3760855

Elvis, just because he’s beautiful. I love this rooster! The bag things on the planters are to keep birds out while the carrots grow big enough to not interest them.

View attachment 3760856

Please excuse the mess, I planned to have it all done by now and it weren’t in the cards.
Beautiful IM ! We call those red yucca. They grow like weeds around here. (I love them.)

Things were going great. Got the inside of the coop painted and a second door installed

View attachment 3760753View attachment 3760754

Used a bunch of wood leftover from the old garden and some blocks to build shade/cover for the chickens, will post a pic later I guess I don’t have one. We have a couple of Harris’s Hawks that are nesting nearby. The cover is just to be a deterrent, but if those hawks come into the yard there’s really nothing that can be done. We’ve seen them go into the palm trees around the neighborhood and take birds out. 😬

The day of my last post hubs was off so we took the dogs with us to get some extra park time and run errands. The park has a hill you have to climb and the bathrooms are up top. Not a bad one really, but I needed to use the RR so I walked up the hill fast and at an angle. Heard and felt a loud pop in my heel and I was down. After a visit to ER and some tests, my Achilles isn’t fully torn, but it’s in bad shape and I’ve been on crutches since :rant

No chicks yet and no pips as of yesterday afternoon. It’s not easy getting out there on crutches, but I do anyway. Just gotta watch for bathing pits :gig

Well dang it, sorry to hear you got hurt. Crutches are no fun, hope you are mended and can get rid of them soon :hugs

Grass is coming in nicely

View attachment 3760846

Arabian lilac
View attachment 3760847

Chaste trees haven’t started greening up yet but the limbs are still pliable so leaving them alone for now
View attachment 3760848

I don’t remember what this is but it’s a succulent. I can divide this into more plants, might try this year or wait until next, haven’t decided yet
View attachment 3760849

Blocked this flood vent in the wall to keep babies in when they hatch
View attachment 3760850

Blocked chicken access to the space behind the shed, I think they were laying eggs behind it
View attachment 3760851

New door on the coop and the block for the other side of the shed. We took the shade cloth off as I don’t think it really did any good. Going to put my Fugly Farm sign up there and the solar light
View attachment 3760852

This is the shade/cover I’m working on still. We got it all built and the top on but since I’m on crutches I had the teenager pile a bunch of debris on top from trimming stuff for now. Going to get that off this weekend and cover with palm fronds and the rest of the wood pieces from the old garden. Shade will be more dense that way and it will look better. The debris needed to dry some before we can run it through the shredder anyway. I used broken bits of whatever I have laying around to hold the back pieces flat against the cinder block
View attachment 3760853View attachment 3760854View attachment 3760855

Elvis, just because he’s beautiful. I love this rooster! The bag things on the planters are to keep birds out while the carrots grow big enough to not interest them.

View attachment 3760856

Please excuse the mess, I planned to have it all done by now and it weren’t in the cards.

You always have some of the best pictures, thanks for the update. Elvis is so handsome, nice to see him too❤️

Well dang it, sorry to hear you got hurt. Crutches are no fun, hope you are mended and can get rid of them soon :hugs
As I understand it could take a full year to recover. I will have physical therapy starting in a couple of weeks. Not happy about that but better safe than sorry I suppose.
You always have some of the best pictures, thanks for the update. Elvis is so handsome, nice to see him too❤️
Really? I never really know if the pics come out good lol. Thanks!

IMG_7367.jpeg
IMG_7368.jpeg
IMG_7369.jpeg
The teenager got out of school early so we worked on the shelter. I used the palm fronds over the 2x4’s and a piece of wire fence over that. Used some more blocks to hold the wire down, hopefully it won’t blow away in a storm. I’m pleased with the amount of shade it provides. I am thinking about ways to add more shade on the long sides without sacrificing air circulation. Will have to see what I can come up with that’s laying around.

View attachment 3761144View attachment 3761145View attachment 3761146The teenager got out of school early so we worked on the shelter. I used the palm fronds over the 2x4’s and a piece of wire fence over that. Used some more blocks to hold the wire down, hopefully it won’t blow away in a storm. I’m pleased with the amount of shade it provides. I am thinking about ways to add more shade on the long sides without sacrificing air circulation. Will have to see what I can come up with that’s laying around.

Nice little hideout with shade, good idea!

No chicks yet so tomorrow I’m going to get a few EE pullets from the feed store. They’ll be from a fresh shipment so hopefully that will work. Attila has been on the nest more than three weeks and I can’t get her out of the spot she’s in without hurting her. Haven’t been able to catch her out and about either to check the eggs. Keep your fingers crossed 🤞

Back
Top Bottom