Brooder is just a towel over the top of a plastic bin. I put paper towels in the bottom and my heating pad in there. Poor little things have been through a lot today, I don’t have the heart to wake them. You can just see two of them snuggled together in the pics. Attila is still a mean thing today.
IMG_7427.jpeg
IMG_7429.jpeg
IMG_7430.jpeg
IMG_7431.jpeg

no they aren't my thing but I wont judge people who have them I like my silkies and OEGBs
I fell in love with their ugliness lol. I love OEGBs though too. The turkens do better in our heat here though. I’ve lost a few fully feathered birds to it. I’m afraid to have sillies because I think they’d get snatched by the owls or hawks but they’re adorable. I have a friend around the corner with some but she pretty enclosed most of her yard for protection.

I fell in love with their ugliness lol. I love OEGBs though too. The turkens do better in our heat here though. I’ve lost a few fully feathered birds to it. I’m afraid to have sillies because I think they’d get snatched by the owls or hawks but they’re adorable. I have a friend around the corner with some but she pretty enclosed most of her yard for protection.
yeah I'm gonna expand my flock breeds I might want to get cochins ect

yeah I'm gonna expand my flock breeds I might want to get cochins ect
Bantam cochin females are so friendly, but the roosters are the only ones I've had who are mean little poopheads. Not all the roosters. I have one that's a real sweetheart. And I have another that is a silkie cochin mix that is a favorite. The old english game bantams are fun and friendly too. I love the roosters.
If you are looking at standard breeds, brahmas are very friendly and do well in all types of weather.

Back
Top Bottom