I used a stick and moved Attilas feathers and wings out of the way a little bit to peek under her. I saw one of the chicks and it’s still alive so she seems to have accepted them. If she doesn’t bring them out by tomorrow we’re dragging them all out of there and putting them in the small coop. It’s ready and likely the safest place until the chicks can get in and out of the big one.

Also, this is the second night in a row we’ve had a thunderstorm :)

Last edited:
I used a stick and moved Attilas feathers and wings out of the way a little bit to peek under her. I saw one of the chicks and it’s still alive so she seems to have accepted them. If she doesn’t bring them out by tomorrow we’re dragging them all out of there and putting them in the small coop. It’s ready and likely the safest place until the chicks can get in and out of the big one.

Also, this is the second night in a row we’ve had a thunderstorm :)

Hope Attila will take it upon herself to bring the little ones out. :fl

I was really worried about Attila yesterday because I saw her laying down almost all day. I thought she could weak from sitting extra days and I hadn’t seen her eat. I left food and water for her and the wee ones and let her do her thing. Today she was up and teaching them to eat :love One chick died, not sure why. So we have Stormy and Lucky as our new flock members. I will get pics later today but I’m trying not intrude and make her mad.

I was really worried about Attila yesterday because I saw her laying down almost all day. I thought she could weak from sitting extra days and I hadn’t seen her eat. I left food and water for her and the wee ones and let her do her thing. Today she was up and teaching them to eat :love One chick died, not sure why. So we have Stormy and Lucky as our new flock members. I will get pics later today but I’m trying not intrude and make her mad.

Hopefully the new chicks are making Attila happy, sounds like she's doing well with teaching them to eat. Sorry about the loss of that one little one.

IMG_7527.jpeg
IMG_7524.jpeg
Stormy and Lucky run from me so I haven’t been able to get good pics. They both have some barring although it’s not as prevalent on Stormy. The bigs go over and raid their food like it’s something special and scratch around and tear apart the feeder all the time, goofballs.

Back
Top Bottom