Hello from Nova Scotia

OnTheRox

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
New to chickens..I haven’t even brought my chickens home yet! Placed the order at the local feed store just today actually..I’m being proactive by joining!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I only have 5 coming.
(3) What breeds do you have?
3 Bovan Browns and 2 Dekalb Whites
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I really like chickens.. I love having fresh eggs for my family❤️
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Hobbies sort of merge with lifestyle in my world... training and riding horses..growing my own food..cooking and baking..I make most everything from scratch so that keeps me busy. I love to go camping ..swimming in the ocean.beach days in general.. I love nature being in the woods exploring and hiking new places.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I have 3 kids.. Our daughters are 7 and 3 and our son is 5
We have a hobby farm on 45 acres here in Nova Scotia 30 acres wooded 10 acres 5 acres yard space roughly and lots of endless trails and lies and wilderness at the back of our property..just moved onto this farm last spring the house is a 200 year old big farm house in need of many Renovations but has good bones.
We homeschool and do our best to live off the land.
We have 2 quarter horses Roxy and Skipper..
A pot belly pig named Bowser
A coonhound x red heeler dog named Rosie
We are acquiring ducks for the pond this spring as well.

Had to come back and edit I can’t believe I forgot all of the cats despite having to swat a kitten away from my keyboard as I type lol.
A mama cat Amelia and her 3 boys who are now 7 months old
Tom Kitten, KeeCee, and Toughy

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
All the sneers to my random chicken google searches seemed to link back to this community so I figured it is the place to be!

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC :frow:welcome
96795EFC-5CF0-4D19-9196-FDFFD27BCE7F.jpeg

Hi and welcome to BYC

Here are some links to key resources:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

View attachment 1690591
View attachment 1690592 Your farm sounds amazing! Why don't your children have horses too? When I was their age I was just dying for my own pony, but never got my own horses until I was grown. Congrats and best wishes starting your new flock!
Hahaha yes
..eventually there will be more horses.. a few more to the herd anyway.but I have my hands full as it is with my mare she is 14 but a lot of work she has been quite the project she is sort of still in rehab mode from a previous home where she lost her trust.. and my gelding is coming 3 this spring and I will be starting him..my children are still very young my oldest has started riding but as far as her own horse..that will have to wait..too much to do around here purchasing more horses isn’t a top priority at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom