Help!! My baby turkey crys TONS at night!

laceyiv727

Hatching
Apr 6, 2016
I have 2 baby turkeys! And the one chirps tons at night. Ushally quiets down when I come around. Not sure if it's a male or female.. help! Would like some sleep and it's keeping my other chicks/turks up..

It is probably crying for its mother. Perhaps it thinks you are its mom. Personally, I'd put it in a box where it could see me or put it outside where you can't hear it. I'd opt for the first option because I am a sucker for baby animals.

Turkey are loud, that includes the poults. My group last year wouldn't shut up. They think I'm their mom and peep loudly when I leave them. It's normal. I wouldn't brood them in the house.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful Learning Center
caf.gif

If you would go over to the New Members Introduction and introduce yourself so others can say hello to you and welcome you to BYC .
smile.png

How many other are with your new turkey it isn't by itself is it ? If so get your baby a mirror so it can see itself in the Mirror sounds funny but look at house birds that are in the house most people put a mirror in the cage I know funny but I had to do that with a full grown Gander once ..

gander007
old.gif

I would suggest socializing that one as much as possible. Mars my BBB Hen was like that and now we're almost inseparable. She's a year old and still cries for me when she can't see me. I know it's a little inconvenient but every night spend 30 minutes to an hour with him and you'll have a great pet and he should let you sleep at night. I did have to set up a bed on my night stand for Mars until she was old enough to really be outside and she still gets to sleep with me from time to time

Back
Top Bottom