Help please! My hen has a respiratory disease.

Pics
We gave her the Tylan for two weeks (from May 7th to May 21). It has not made any difference - in fact, I believe her symptoms may be slowly worsening. She is having more trouble breathing, and her breathing is sometimes louder. She still sneezes loudly also.

In the first week we used the dosage the package said, and the second week we doubled the dosage.

Does anyone know how I can contact a poultry expert?

We gave her the Tylan for two weeks (from May 7th to May 21). It has not made any difference - in fact, I believe her symptoms may be slowly worsening. She is having more trouble breathing, and her breathing is sometimes louder. She still sneezes loudly also.

In the first week we used the dosage the package said, and the second week we doubled the dosage.

Does anyone know how I can contact a poultry expert?
I'm sorry she's not getting better.

You may be dealing with a virus or fungal infection if the antibiotics didn't help.

As for contacting a poultry expert, you can try contacting your local Agricultural Extension office to see if they can refer you to someone. Contact your own vet and ask if they see poultry or can recommend someone and lastly, you could call your state lab, they may be able to point you to a vet or expert in poultry. You can find your state lab below.
https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

Back
Top Bottom