Help with Roosts

How should I make my Roosts for 22 hens in a 8x12 coop? What do you use underneath to catch the poultry manure?
I have two pine blocks screwed into to wall of the coop. If I have any suspicions about the health of the birds vis-a-vis waste, I thow an old 2x12 on the pine blocks to catch the waste over night then check it / scrape it off with a shovel In the morning. If everyone seems healthy, I just let the waste fall into the shavings then shovel it out at cleaning time.

I have two pine blocks screwed into to wall of the coop. If I have any suspicions about the health of the birds vis-a-vis waste, I thow an old 2x12 on the pine blocks to catch the waste over night then check it / scrape it off with a shovel In the morning. If everyone seems healthy, I just let the waste fall into the shavings then shovel it out at cleaning time.
We do the same. Ours do not tend to poop in the coop much, but we through the wood chips and any poop that we rake out of the run into the compost pile for the garden.

How should I make my Roosts for 22 hens in a 8x12 coop? What do you use underneath to catch the poultry manure?
This has worked for me for up to 22 birds in a 6 x 16' coop:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/aarts-coop-page.65912/
1685106576611.png

Back
Top Bottom