Heritage or Production Reds?

RedWhiteandFree

In the Brooder
Oct 24, 2016
Hello, so I have heard a lot about how production reds and heritage reds are different by looks, temperament, ect. But I can still not tell what mine are.....so I would greatly appreciate some input.
First off, my rooster is from a small local farm, so I don't think he's the same as the rest, while my hens I got back from my old school,

where they bred in chickens they ordered from who knows where. So I have no idea what they are.
This is Bubba, my rooster.

This is one of my 3 month old chicks hatched from my roo and one of the hens so I don't know if it's possible to tell by what she looks like.

The final 3 pics are of various hens I have, (they are currently molting), but there are differences in age, and slight differences in coloring. One i have, which is not shown here, has slightly darker coloring than the others, but all the chickens I have, including the rooster and 2 three month old roosters I have are all extremely friendly and follow you around, and some like to sit on you so they can get pet.

Once again, any input would be greatly appreciated, thankyou!

I have a hen that looks like the second to last picture. I had only guessed she was New Hampshire red. What is the difference?

I have a hen that looks like the second to last picture. I had only guessed she was New Hampshire red. What is the difference?

I have never seen a New Hampshire Red....maybe that's what they breed with the Rhode Islands to get the production ones???

Back
Top Bottom