I know it's early but....Who's ready for 2024 Baby Chicks!

Have you been able to track down your babies?
Yes, they did make it to the PB PO this morning. They called me about 9:15, but ... there were no survivors. :hit I called Hoover's to tell them that I had not accepted the shipment, and why, and they are sending me a reshipment next MONDAY. Hopefully all will go as planned. Poor little things.🙁😢

Yes, they did make it to the PB PO this morning. They called me about 9:15, but ... there were no survivors. :hit I called Hoover's to tell them that I had not accepted the shipment, and why, and they are sending me a reshipment next MONDAY. Hopefully all will go as planned. Poor little things.🙁😢
How awful!

Next week is another holiday! I hope your PO is open on Wednesday and they don't take any longer than 2 days to get there.
😬🤞🤞

How awful!

Next week is another holiday! I hope your PO is open on Wednesday and they don't take any longer than 2 days to get there.
😬🤞🤞
Thanks! They better ship on Monday, that's all. I'll call and make sure. I'll tell them if they can't ship on Monday, hold off till the following week!

Oh no! Those poor babies! I’m glad they’re trying to make it right, but definitely noting Hoovers as a hatchery I want to avoid.

Oh no! Those poor babies! I’m glad they’re trying to make it right, but definitely noting Hoovers as a hatchery I want to avoid.
This really wasn't their fault. It was just a perfect storm.... they could not know shipment would not take place on Friday due to the holiday. Heck, EVEN THE LOCAL POST OFFICE didn't know! They believed St Louis would be sending another or additional trucks on Friday, Saturday and even Sunday. They told me this. They told me there is ALWAYS someone in the PO, 24/7, and they would call me as soon as the chicks arrived. I can't fault Hoover's for this.

I am so so so sorry for those little ones and for you as well. It is so difficult to wait so long and find out your worst fears came true. I will never have the words to comfort you, our hope comes from and ends with God alone. In this time of mourning we look for reasons of "why", I know HE knows and that's all we can find comfort in.

We will pray with you that your next shipment arrives safely and very healthy.
Keep us posted once they arrive, we all need and adore the pictures of baby chickies.

Thanks. Hoover's has an unusual Monday hatch scheduled for next week but I decided to decline since they would arrive on Wednesday and Thursday is Thanksgiving. All subsequent hatches are on Wednesdays and will arrive on a Friday. I guess I just have to take my chances. So I'm going with Wednesday, Nov. 29 for the hatch date and hoping for the best.

I have started incubating mine. Ayam Camani. I hatched 4 out of 12 about 2 weeks ago and need more so I have another 12 in the bator due in about 12 days. I wanted to get a jump on it so they will be laying by summer.

Attachments

• IMG_20231231_005248640_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20231231_005248640_PORTRAIT.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20231225_200853669.jpg
    IMG_20231225_200853669.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20231225_200833468.jpg
    IMG_20231225_200833468.jpg
    740.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom