Introduction

Layla_Chickens

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2024
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I can say I am intermediate with chickens. I have owned chickens for the past 2 years and found that they are great animals.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I own approximately 12 chickens. They are very nice chickens and very curious too. I love how they can live with each other and set boundaries just like humans.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Most of my chickens are silkies, I also own 2 polish chickens. They are very calm breeds which is mainly why I got them. I am looking to expand my breed diversity so I can get "better" eggs.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

My favorite aspect of owning backyard chickens, is that I can easily go out and see them and learns something new everyday. I aslo enjoy cleaning and prepping their coop and seeing their lovely faces. Another things is that they are very intelligent and I can always study their behavior and end up surprised.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

My other hobbies are crochet, horseback riding, or drawing. Most of these I do on a daily.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I own many other pets:
5 dogs, 6 rabbits, 2 parakeets and a monk parrot, 6 fish, 2 goats. I believe animals bring a sort of joy no other things brings. Their innocence radiates another kind of energy.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found this community by searching in google any concerns I have about my chickens, and the thing that made me join was a question of my own which is specific.

Back
Top Bottom