Is my duck sick? (dryness around the outside of the eyes)

jessicaa

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 10, 2014
I really need some help in figuring out if my one month old duck is getting sick, I'm worried that he is because it looks like on the outside of his eyes, the 'skin' i guess you could say is getting a little dark and looks very dry now and I'm not sure what the reason is, he scratches both eyes a lot when he's swimming around in the pool so if anyone has any feedback on what i should do, it would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks!

Took some pictures, hope they help! And even just a couple weeks ago it didn't look this way which is why I'm a little worried.

Last edited:
Took some pictures, hope they help! And even just a couple weeks ago it didn't look this way which is why I'm a little worried.

When mine were younger, I had one that looked like this. Look up homemade saline solution on here! I made it (super easy) and then I used a cotton ball and gently wiped that area....being careful of the eyeball. I believe it's 3 times a day?

When mine were younger, I had one that looked like this. Look up homemade saline solution on here! I made it (super easy) and then I used a cotton ball and gently wiped that area....being careful of the eyeball. I believe it's 3 times a day?
Ok!:) thanks so much.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom