Is my Peking/Kaki Campbell Cross Sex linked?

Yes, those are sex links :) The black ones are males, and the chocolate ones are females.
This is pretty cool as most times you can’t do that
Will all batches they have been like this ?
I also tagged you in a thread I made about genetics and what’s safe for breeding as I’m keeping this batch of little ones
I was told siblings are a No but mom or dad is okay but should only do this once and not grandma or grandma levels. I don’t plan to keep any that far down anyway but just want to make sure I do this correctly as I have others wanting babies after seeing how mine look
@Miss Lydia was interested in this info as well

Will all batches they have been like this ?

Yep! That's how it works - all the daughters will inherit one chocolate gene from dad, and that'll make them express chocolate, since it's a sex linked gene. All the sons will get one copy as well, but since they need two copies for it to express, they will NOT be chocolate.

I was told siblings are a No but mom or dad is okay but should only do this once and not grandma or grandma levels. I don’t plan to keep any that far down anyway but just want to make sure I do this correctly as I have others wanting babies after seeing how mine look

Yes, sibling to sibling should not be done, but mother to son and father to daughter is commonly used to lock in desired traits with very little risk of inbreeding issues.

Yep! That's how it works - all the daughters will inherit one chocolate gene from dad, and that'll make them express chocolate, since it's a sex linked gene. All the sons will get one copy as well, but since they need two copies for it to express, they will NOT be chocolate.

Yes, sibling to sibling should not be done, but mother to son and father to daughter is commonly used to lock in desired traits with very little risk of inbreeding issues.

Thank you !

Back
Top Bottom