Is this a purple peacock?

ChicksnMore

😉
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Jul 1, 2013
Arizona
I live in Arizona and have been breeding peas for several years now. Last year one of my pairings threw a few pale creamy babies. At first I thought, how did they produce cameos!, but as they grew I knew, nope, not cameo. I gave away the hen to a friend and kept the cock. Hes almost a year old now and looks normal in the shade and purple if the sun hits him right. Theres no known purple in his parents bloodline...I bred both parents and their parents and saw the parents of the birds I bred them from...all very normal colors and markings...but this guys never been truly normal colored...just almost normal colored. I keep thinking he might be a purple cock but have never seen one in real life. Can anyone tell me if this is a purple peacock?
20210503_225416.jpg

I live in Arizona and have been breeding peas for several years now. Last year one of my pairings threw a few pale creamy babies. At first I thought, how did they produce cameos!, but as they grew I knew, nope, not cameo. I gave away the hen to a friend and kept the cock. Hes almost a year old now and looks normal in the shade and purple if the sun hits him right. Theres no known purple in his parents bloodline...I bred both parents and their parents and saw the parents of the birds I bred them from...all very normal colors and markings...but this guys never been truly normal colored...just almost normal colored. I keep thinking he might be a purple cock but have never seen one in real life. Can anyone tell me if this is a purple peacock?View attachment 2648612
Very purple my peafowls were lighter shade!! :D Well your lucky I would take good care of it!!

I live in Arizona and have been breeding peas for several years now. Last year one of my pairings threw a few pale creamy babies. At first I thought, how did they produce cameos!, but as they grew I knew, nope, not cameo. I gave away the hen to a friend and kept the cock. Hes almost a year old now and looks normal in the shade and purple if the sun hits him right. Theres no known purple in his parents bloodline...I bred both parents and their parents and saw the parents of the birds I bred them from...all very normal colors and markings...but this guys never been truly normal colored...just almost normal colored. I keep thinking he might be a purple cock but have never seen one in real life. Can anyone tell me if this is a purple peacock?View attachment 2648612
Looks like it!

Well isn't that something! His parents were a father daughter pairing. I don't usually inbreed but they were both in my rehome pen and when she layed I went ahead and threw her eggs in the incubator. I'm glad I kept him as his parents have both gone to new homes. He has ib, bs, silver pied, white and white eye in his back ground and his parents were bred for personality, not color. Just some extra sweet birds that a friend wanted babies from.
Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll keep adoring my quirky little bird.

Back
Top Bottom