LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

We talk about anything and everything.

Wait... IN the creek? You don't want Momma attacking you, but if they're in actual danger of drowning, maybe use a long branch or stick to get them out. Otherwise, leave them be.
Yeah, In my creek. It's been flooded because of the amount of rain and I'll go check on them afterschool. Thank you for the advice.

Yeah, In my creek. It's been flooded because of the amount of rain and I'll go check on them afterschool. Thank you for the advice.
Do be careful, I'm not an expert, being in the uk... but I imagine the mama could be nearby and very protective. Perhaps go with someone- if you aren't an adult, then go with one- and see if they're okay.

Also brought home more plants this weekend. I need to figure out what to do with them and do some life checks on my sensitive plants
Sensitives are all good. Poor dudes, I've just about killed every one I got within an hour of buying them. Got some 'nice' pots though for them to go into I'm a week or so after they finish recovering from being dropped onto pavement

Wake up, get dressed, feed and let the ducks out, ready Bonnie's meds and blankets, feed the dogs.... break up dog fight.
Scared the crap out of me. Haven't seen them fight in literally years, but today Sadie ignored all of Storms warnings and tried to eat her food right in front of Storm while she was trying to eat, and this time Storm snapped. Thank god I was right there and immediately able to push Storm away, it de-escalated immediately, no angry grudges, I made sure they stayed together no separation, and Storm immediately gave Sadie submissive body language, rolled over and everything, and Sadie is not reciprocating it at all- last time she had a dog go for her, it was almost lethal, it was 100% to kill her, and almost did. So she's very traumatised and showing signs of stress, panting, ears pinned back, very tense, somewhat wanting to hide in the garden.

It really wasn't a bad one and they'll be fine, they're currently laying down in the kitchen near eachother. But Sadie did obtain a couple small cuts which I've cleaned and treated. They're returning to normal. God that's not how I want to start my day, though. :hmm

Worst part is, last night I had very severe chest pain for over an hour, around my heart, stretching towards my left shoulder... it was gone when I woke up, but dealing with their scrap has brought the pain back and I can't breathe properly 🙃

Wake up, get dressed, feed and let the ducks out, ready Bonnie's meds and blankets, feed the dogs.... break up dog fight.
Scared the crap out of me. Haven't seen them fight in literally years, but today Sadie ignored all of Storms warnings and tried to eat her food right in front of Storm while she was trying to eat, and this time Storm snapped. Thank god I was right there and immediately able to push Storm away, it de-escalated immediately, no angry grudges, I made sure they stayed together no separation, and Storm immediately gave Sadie submissive body language, rolled over and everything, and Sadie is not reciprocating it at all- last time she had a dog go for her, it was almost lethal, it was 100% to kill her, and almost did. So she's very traumatised and showing signs of stress, panting, ears pinned back, very tense, somewhat wanting to hide in the garden.

It really wasn't a bad one and they'll be fine, they're currently laying down in the kitchen near eachother. But Sadie did obtain a couple small cuts which I've cleaned and treated. They're returning to normal. God that's not how I want to start my day, though. :hmm

Worst part is, last night I had very severe chest pain for over an hour, around my heart, stretching towards my left shoulder... it was gone when I woke up, but dealing with their scrap has brought the pain back and I can't breathe properly 🙃
Stressful start to your day for sure! Hopefully the rest of your day goes more smoothly! :hugs

How's the chest and breathing? It could be a pulled muscle in your back or shoulder. I've had that before and was sure I was having a heart attack! I've known others with this too.

Hope the rest of your day went better. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom