Lice

Pumphrey

Songster
Sep 27, 2019
Vet found lice on my chicken. Treated it and I'm treating the others. Just wondering how I should disinfect the environment. I have soaked pine pellets ( like sawdust) on the concrete floor and a wooden coop with pine shavings.

Vet found lice on my chicken. Treated it and I'm treating the others. Just wondering how I should disinfect the environment. I have soaked pine pellets ( like sawdust) on the concrete floor and a wooden coop with pine shavings.

How are you treating? Clean out the bedding and litter, treat with a permethrine based dust or spray, both the coop and the birds. Get entirely new bedding and litter.

How are you treating? Clean out the bedding and litter, treat with a permethrine based dust or spray, both the coop and the birds. Get entirely new bedding and litter.
Ivermectin. Ok, thanks. I will do that tomorrow. I think they got it from the sparrows that always seem to find a way into the coop

What did the vet treat the chickens with?

It would be a good idea to clean out housing and treat housing/roosting bars/nesting boxes with a permethrin based poultry spray.

Back
Top Bottom