MILK SNAKES! AHHHH maybe graphic

ticks

Pheasant Obsessed
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
The Sticks, Vermont
Today I saw a small milksnake in my ducklings pen it was maybe 10-12 inches. My brother and I killed because we have seen how big they get, around 4 ft. We have a few questions. Would a milk snake be able to kill a 3 week old duckling? Are milksnakes venomous? and how can we get rid of them?

They're beautiful and relatively uncommon snakes, and rather than being a threat, that one was doing you a favor by eating bugs and perhaps mice.

They aren't poisonous.

Maybe next time you could just relocate it.

Last edited:
I spend a few days a week at my husband's grandmother's house. I had an encounter with a milk snake in the house yesterday. I found two in the house about this time last year. To my knowledge they are not venomous. I am never thrilled to find them in the house though. I believe there is quite a nest of them under the house. They are coming up through gaps in the base boards and other nooks and crannies (it is an old house). They seem to be a bit cranky. I can't wait for someone to get those holes plugged.

milk snakes are great barn snakes they eat the rats that eat your grain. They are also very gentle. I have picked up a 4 ft milk snake lived next to my cellar bulkhead. Next time please relocate. Unless you want rats and mice. Also You can also bring to local pet store they might be interested in buying .I was offered money for the one I found. I just put her back where I found her. Yes it was a female I brought her to the pet store and had her sexed.

really ,
Are you sure it was a milk snake.
I've found them to be docile as long as your moving slowly and never squeeze while holding.

A garter snake on the other hand will bite everytime , black racer too. if you can catch one
Also never grab a snake behind the head I always gently lift the tail then bring my other hand under the snake to support it

Last edited:
It looked like this
milksnake.jpg

Back
Top Bottom