My chicken lays eggs of poop

Janzen

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 27, 2014
I have one chicken that is laying eggs made of poop. They are white on the outside, the same size and shape of an egg, but the inside is filled with poop. What the heck is going on with her?

ep.gif
pictures? or even better, video !!!

Next time she does I will. My husband was the first to spot it. He was reaching for it and determined something wasn't right before he got it on his hands. found another one yesterday. It had been stepped on by the chicken so it looked like a cracked egg!

I've had this happen a couple times and right in the nest box to! I go to grab it and end up with a hand full of chicken poop instead of an egg.
sickbyc.gif

It's just regular old chicken poop, nothing special about it or the chicken who made it. I think it's my roosters that do it, because I've caught them pooping in the nest boxes a couple times. They must just have really large droppings.

I've had this happen a couple times and right in the nest box to! I go to grab it and end up with a hand full of chicken poop instead of an egg.
sickbyc.gif

It's just regular old chicken poop, nothing special about it or the chicken who made it. I think it's my roosters that do it, because I've caught them pooping in the nest boxes a couple times. They must just have really large droppings.
lau.gif

its the hens that do that. if you just squeezed a big ol egg out your poop would look like that too. sometimes it does look like an egg. hahahhaha

definitely an internal plumbing problem. and yes, before we all go go WHAT !! it is possible in humans. not to lay an egg. hahhaha but to poop out the wrong hole. if there is a tear in the muscle wall it will seep through and come out in the wrong place. so if you think about it its possible. i personally would cull the hen. sorry and ya, i know the plumbing is different but what happens if you get a clog in your sink?

Back
Top Bottom