My first incubator! 18 eggs set April 17!

firedove

Crowing
15 Years
Nov 10, 2008
Fitzwilliam NH
I'm very excited! Monday, as a birthday present from my parents, I received a Lyon TX6 with auto-turner. It took some messing around with it to stabilize it where it needs to be but I set my first 18 eggs yesterday. So now I'll just be dying for May 8 to come along, an agonizing 21 days. I just set them yesterday and I'm already anxious for my first hatch :lol

Last edited:
Wyandotte crosses. It's just an experimental batch. They are all from my SL Wyandotte roo. I've got 18 in there, 4 from my EE hen, 1 from my Mille Fleur, 4 from my barred rock hens, I think 1 from my bantam brahma/cochin cross hen, and the rest are from either my black sex-link hens or my golden comet hens.

i gotta say, that is a very great incubator to have. they are excellent! you're parents must love you alot
lol.png
those are pretty expensive, too. and we are hatching around the same time! mine hatch out on the 10th.

My parents bought the bator directly through Lyon and they said it was cheaper than buying it anywhere else. I don't know exactly what they paid but it was in the neighborhood of $300. They do love me very much and I really appreciate all that they do for me! They knew that that was the bator I wanted and to quote my mom "Unless we were in dire straights you know we would have gotten you the one you wanted." They are great to me!!! Great to my brother and sister too!

Good luck with your chicks, both of you guys! You know, I've been breeding rabbits for 10 years and I never got this anxious waiting for a litter and they take 31 days! Here it is day 2 and I find myself sitting next to the bator for hours at a time, obsessing over being 100% sure that the temp and humidity are right :lol

I candled my 18 eggs yesterday. 12 are definitely developing, 1 I think isn't, the other 5 have very dark, thick shells so I can't see through them except for a vague lighter spot where the air pocket is. Those 5 I will just have to leave til hatch and hope for the best! (or take out if they get smelly) I'm so excited!

Last edited:
Hi I have one of thee incubators someone gifted to me. After you fill the cells with water day 18, do you keep refilling the cells day 19-21? They are so old I can’t seem to find the info anywhere :(

Back
Top Bottom