Need help pale chicks

Actually I do feel like I am having some success with it. I broody hatched and raised 56 chicks last year, many within my "infected" flock and only lost 3 to Marek's. As I said in my last post, it seems to settle down a bit after the initial outbreak. Even if you cull the whole flock, the virus can remain in the grounds and buildings to re-infect new birds, so in my opinion, you are better keeping the survivors and breeding from them.

I understand the frustration of battling pests and predators and disease and I know how it feels when you think you are winning only for something else to crop up, especially when it is something major like Marek's. It's a heart breaking disease, but it is not as bad as much of the information you read about it and it would be a shame to cull birds that are healthy and may be resistant and could be bred from, only to replace them with new birds that could be less resistant.

I Don't hatched chicks but i brought from store but you can say that your lil babies maybe suffering from some bacterial infection .marek's sometimes gives time sometime not and theres no pale skin sign in mareks but cocci does especially Emaxmima or Etenella .so Give Them Zydus Cadilla Biotrim Oral (Vet) it is very effective againzt cocci & bact infections ..some medicine only made for some specific condition so as
Corid is only ideal for cocci but in my own study biotrim performs much better ..

Dilute 1ml biotrim in 2-4Ltr water and give them continue .
stop any medicated feed
give them probiotics
give them food that digest easily like boiled rice
do not give them any feed that contains wheat or wheat bran

dont worry they'll be fine :flive treated so sick chicks with biotrim

Thank you everyone for your help. I live in Florida and with the hurricane in the area, I decided to save the healthier ones and let go the sickest ones, since not all could fit in my shed. After the storm, half of the sick ones died, I don't see them getting any better, I have not been wasting my time buying any other products either though, since they are too terrible.
I am hatching more chicks and plan keep them quarantined and separate for a while. Thanks for the support.

Back
Top Bottom