New member here from Victoria, Australia. New to Quail

QuailEnvy24

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2024
Hi guys, I’m new here and somewhat new to owning a Quail.

I’d like to introduce my little baby Envy, who has just turned 10 weeks.

Our journey started when my partner was at work in a paddock that had already been freshly harvested and heard a little “chirp chirp” and decided to look down next to him and there she was! Barely a day old, teeny tiny little ball of fluff all by herself. He reached his hand out and she hopped straight in. With no sight of mum or siblings anywhere, he sent me a photo and I half jokingly said “can we keep her” to which he sighed and said “come get her”. And so, she’s been with us ever since.

I believe she is a Courtonix? But I could be very wrong as I don’t know much about Quail. She is the first bird for both of us and we are absolutely smitten! She has so much personality and is extremely friendly.

We aren’t totally sure if she is a male or female. Initially we thought she is a female but going by information I’ve been seeing online she should be laying by now? But she is not. So someone can point out whether she is a “she” or a “he” that would be helpful. 😂

She doesn’t quite look conventionally like a female? But not a male either or as far as I can tell anyway.😅

Attachments

• IMG_7424.jpeg
    IMG_7424.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7588.jpeg
    IMG_7588.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7600.jpeg
    IMG_7600.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom