New to BYC

LesleaInAlabama

Hatching
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Hello from NW Alabama everyone. I've been researching for the last few months on BYC in preparation for my new family members (13 in all) and am truly amazed and grateful for all the ideas and information I've found.

My son is a member of the local 4H club and every year they do a "Chick chain" project. Kids are given 13 chick's to raise for 6 months and at the end of the time frame the best 3 will be shown at the county fair. After the project is over we are able to keep our chickens.
1f600.png

Which brings me here...our babies are now 5 weeks old and growing SO fast. I am new to chicken parenting but am loving every bit of it to the point that my dog and cats are very jealous. Thank you to this amazing group of people here for being so helpful to this new chicken mama.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Congrats on your new flock! It sure is rewarding once you finally get them after the months of preparation. I remember that feeling too. And it sure is amazing how fast they grow! Like little weeds! My dog gets jealous of the attention they get too! LOL

Glad you joined this community! Feel free to ask any questions; we are happy to help.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My children and granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loved our chickens and made lap pets of the calmer and more gentle breeds. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Back
Top Bottom