Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Shard ducked out from beneath Eclipse's wing, blinking wide blue eyes at Vel before sliding forward cautiously. She dipped her head warily as she approached, sniffing quietly.
"Shard."
Eclipse shifted the Cloudwing in her grasp awkwardly, grunting as she lowered him to the hanger floor.
"Get Vel and this dragon some water." The Lunarwing flicked a tail at the Skywing hybrid.
"Harper, help me with this one."
She glanced up at Sol, her expression resolute.
Shard scampered off across the hanger, excitement building. She just had to remember now where to find the water.

(Do you have any idea how painful this is to write on an ipad? I'm literally pecking one freaking character at a time- and the typos. Lord the typos are everywhere.)
"I will grab what supplies yet remain." Harper said, and she turned sharp on the thick heel of her boot, and walked toward the hall. She coughed steadily into her sleeve.
Sol stood for an odd, racing moment, then his head dropped, and he swaggered toward the dark, long-legged human, whose heavy rifle still thumped against her sweatered back, a comforting weight. "I'll get it." He said, in tones low and rumbling. "What do you need?"
"First aid kit, food, whatever."
Sol hesitated on heavy talons. A snarl creept stealthily up his throat, and he shivered at its taste. "From Tobe?"
Harper sighed and shrugged, tack jangling in loose bits to her gait.
"This CloudWing got Tobias where he is right now, Harper,"
"You too." She said. "It is kind of funny how life works in that-" she held up a gloved finger, and spun in it in a jerking circle. "In that way. I think it is called like cause and effect."
"Harper,"
She shook her head, and they turned through the drafty doorway. The hall breathed echos of their steps, like whispering winds. "This is what the rebellion does," Harper murmered, mismatched eyes starring on in a settled view. "The good guys cannot pick and choose."
The snarl was like a spider now, large, and moving, crawling it's way up his throat, unrelenting, and repulsive. "Tobias needs this supplies." He said, pushing back his heated wings. "It's just a dragon."
Harper coughed, and turned to hide her head, then turned back around and spat at Sol's shinning talons as she crossed the hall to Tobias's room. Sol leaned back, and his head lifted, ears erect as the woman slipped out of the hall and disappeared into Tobias's room, supplies still jingling. He heard her shift boxes and move supplies, and he curled his head down, growling soft, exploding noises. The buzz filled his teeth and ran up his jaw, and he settled in it for a tight moment, mind turning and turning.
Harper strode from the room, bins piled high in her arms. Sol sidestepped from her path as she swung tight to the corner. He stole a fast glance at the sleeping man, waited for him to breath, then fell into stride beside the human.
When he glanced at the woman, she shook her head. "You are a sick thing, SolarWing. You are confused, and flailing in change, and I have compassion for that. No longer are you the pride of the Scorpion Den. In fact, you fall lower in popularity among these dragons, the same dragons you have beaten for sport,"
She reenforced her hold on the bins and continued.
"But any admirable redemption from you, I have yet to see. You say the things, and pretend to do them, but you are so prideful, dragon. It is a pity how you have changed."
A moment slipped by before Sol took a slow breath between his dry teeth. "You would rather me be pitiful again? Frightened of every hand, and too wary to speak, then?"
"No." She sniffed, slowing. "Your spirit used to drive Tobias." She said. "He needed your aggression, you needed his precautions. He is not here. Get balance, or get out. I am sick of your naive supremity."

Their pace slowed further, and no words were spoken until Harper stopped to reposition the boxes.
"Shall I carry something?" Asked the dragon.
"Nah." The woman grunted, hefting the bins in her steady hands. "They would melt and paste to the floor."

_

The two emerged from the hall and moved swiftly to where their comrades awaited.

(🤦‍♀️ Sorry. This took decades, and I kept doing stuff in-between, so it's... Choppay the say the layst. Also I can't tag yeh.. ☠️💀☠️ ?)

Back
Top Bottom