Pippin's flock- stories, pictures and updates šŸ£

Love the new coop!! How about a little ramp to help them get off the floor inside?

Gotta follow up w my coop builder, see how things are coming along. It was colder than expected the last few nights, even INSIDE THE HOUSE! šŸ„¶ was afraid it would be too cold for my d'uccles first ever hard molt, but it seems to have gotten their new feathers coming in more quickly. It'll be back to comfy warm this weekend. But I'll be more comfy when they are in a proper coop.

Im going to have to do some cute curtains on the outside.. maybe some fancy shower curtains, for when it is windy or rainy.

Today- New arrivals!
So Pippin and Blue's eggs hatched a day early.
The HAL- https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...g-with-pippin-and-blue.1497543/#post-25005675

This is my first time hatching with non-shipped eggs, and I am so impressed with the hatch rate!

One of Pippin's eggs are still hatching.

View attachment 2887741

Loki (Pippin)

View attachment 2887742
Thor (Blue)

View attachment 2887743
Wanda (Blue)
another hatched, vision, but it's dark now, pics tommorow

Will Peanut, Nutmeg and (umm... How is the other one called?) be house chickens in the winter? I am gonna do that with Peanut and Harriet. Also I'M GETTING A SILKIE CHICK ON SUNDAY!
not quite sure... My parents will definitely not let me! I'll probably make them a little enclosure inside the coop

Back
Top Bottom