Please tell me this is a silkie hen!

Celtic Hill

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
Scotland CT
I know the picture is a little blurry, but i bought her yesterday and her comb looks a little large? Idk, i have never seen a silkie up close untill yesterday!

If you click the picture it will be made larger

Edit To: Change picture

Last edited:
I think the photo is a little too close up. If you can, maybe submit another one? My first guess was no, it's a rooster, but a better photo might help and how old??

Can you get a photo a little further back and from the side? I would like to see what her profile looks like. You can't always tell from the comb....well, at least in Silkies! lol

She is supposedly a year old and is laying eggs... Ive only had her one day and she hasn't layed an egg yet. Here is another picture of her

I hope the person didn't "Pull the wool over my eyes"

If "she" is a year old and looks like that, then I would say that she IS a she. Hatchery/pet quality silkie cockerels normally have a much more pronounced comb and more rooster-ish qualities than the picture you have.

Can you post a photo of the entire bird, not just its head? At a year old, it should definitely be crowing if male, so you could consider putting it in a cage inside to listen for in the morning
wink.png

Wow, I don't know. I have a hatchery quality Silkie rooster with a small comb and wattles so she could be a he. The spikes look boyish but I also have a hatchery quality hen with spikes like that. We call it a bad hair-do
big_smile.png
Might have to wait till you get a crow or an egg lol

Back
Top Bottom