PUFA-Free, Grain-free layer recipe

Vaidila

Hatching
Aug 23, 2020
I want PUFA-free (or very-low-PUFA) feed for my chickens. Here are a couple of videos that explain a little why, if you're interested. , .
I know that avoiding soy and corn is important, but I don't know what might be actually acceptable in feed if I want eggs that are very low in PUFA. Winter is coming so feed will be important, and I'm looking for a product or a recipe. Could any of you help with recommendations?

Do you have any information if any what they eat actually changes the eggs or meat in chickens to make it dangerous for us to eat it?

Usually what they eat does not get to us in much of a quantity. For example, if a hen eats soy, we to not get soy from the eggs.

I do not think chickens live long enough for the pufas to hurt them

Thanks for the article!

Interested in the same, Texas Natural feed removes they soy issue and substitutes peanuts but they are not exactly low pufa.

Do you have any information if any what they eat actually changes the eggs or meat in chickens to make it dangerous for us to eat it?

Usually what they eat does not get to us in much of a quantity. For example, if a hen eats soy, we to not get soy from the eggs.

Thanks for the article!
Chickens, pigs, and other mono gastric animals do sort of ‘become what they eat’, so yes, their diet determines the quality of their fat. People wanting a low-PUFA diet usually limit chicken abd pork for this reason, unless they can find pastured and mindfully fed meat. 🙂

Thanks for the article!
PUFA's are dangerous to humans, damages your mitochondria, and so low PUFA eggs are important! Hens should not be fed grains so you can achieve low PUFA eggs

Back
Top Bottom