Question of the Day - Monday, May 6th, 2024

Earbuds lol, in my opinion, their just more comfortable than Headphones. Headphones always make my ears hurt if I have them on for too long.

I don't use either. I like to be aware of my surroundings. Has anyone heard of gamers getting dents in their heads from wearing their headphones too much? I guess this is a real thing
That's hard to believe tbh. It takes 8+ hrs of pressure for braces to start to move teeth, these kids must be chronic gamers with a major vitamin deficiency for headphone pressure to cause dents.
I feel like a lot of other things would have the same effect, like hard hats, and bike helmets if the headphone thing were true. Many people wear those things for 8+ hrs a day and I've never seen helmet head dents on an athlete or construction worker.
Bras do put pressure on bones though and well endowed women do get shoulder dips, so maybe there's truth to it.

I don't use either. I like to be aware of my surroundings. Has anyone heard of gamers getting dents in their heads from wearing their headphones too much? I guess this is a real thing

That's hard to believe tbh. It takes 8+ hrs of pressure for braces to start to move teeth, these kids must be chronic gamers with a major vitamin deficiency for headphone pressure to cause dents.
I feel like a lot of other things would have the same effect, like hard hats, and bike helmets if the headphone thing were true. Many people wear those things for 8+ hrs a day and I've never seen helmet head dents on an athlete or construction worker.
Bras do put pressure on bones though and well endowed women do get shoulder dips, so maybe there's truth to it.
Lol no. It takes more than 100kg of pressure to permanently deform your skull. Do People often get a "dent" in heir/skin from headphone use? Sure. Until the skin and hair rebounds. Much like you can get lines across your face / body from sleeping on a firm textured pillow, wearing a watch/ring tightly, sleep therapy euipment, Eyeglass pads on your nose, etc. They all rebound to normal after a brief time.

I would argue that gamers wear their headphones for much longer than 8 hours a day. And it's just one point of pressure, where a hard hat has a band that goes the whole way around your head. Multiple pressure points

Lol no. It takes more than 100kg of pressure to permanently deform your skull. Do People often get a "dent" in heir/skin from headphone use? Sure. Until the skin and hair rebounds. Much like you can get lines across your face / body from sleeping on a firm textured pillow, wearing a watch/ring tightly, sleep therapy euipment, Eyeglass pads on your nose, etc. They all rebound to normal after a brief time.
I didn't mean that their skull was permanetly deformed. I meant their skin on their head was dented in. They showed different angles and you could see it in their skin

Back
Top Bottom