Serama Chick Critique

juliette2009

Songster
10 Years
Apr 27, 2009
Wadmalaw Island, SC
Here are my 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 week old Seramas, this is their video debut! I would appreciate any and all comments and criticisms, as I am trying to learn "what makes a Good Serama", so I can produce more "goodness"! They are numbered in the lower right-hand corner, for easy reference...

http://www.pixiechickens.com/2009/07/30/chicken-screen-test/

Thanks, everyone, for taking a look!

Juliette
Wadmalaw Island, SC
www.pixiechickens.com

very neat im not a serama expert but cute chicks u have
smile.png

Juliet, go on over to Breeds, Genetics & Showing and post there, you will get lots more opinions. I have no opinion, don't know a thing about Seramas, but welcome to BYC!

Hey Juliette! If I have not said it enough--love your site and your logo! Too cute!!

First I want to say that Numbers 2, 14, 17 and 22 are TERRIBLE! You should send them to me!
Just kidding. I LOVE the colors!

Um....
Number 6 is silkied for sure......lol

There were so many, and I didn't have a pen to take notes. If you want PM me your phone number. Ill call one afternoon and we can watch it together. Its hard to tell much at this age, but I can tell you what I think!

Love the video idea! Neat!

Beautiful birds!

By the way, there was an article in Backyard Chicken magazine this month with a photo of a Serama rooster brooding chicks, just like a hen would.

The Serama rooster who's the father of my hybrid chicks would sometimes do the same thing for his other chicks.

Does anyone know if this is typical of Seramas, and whether other breeds of roosters will do this, too?

Back
Top Bottom