So, interesting chick... Breed?

19hhbelgian

Pigs DO Fly!!
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
New Tripoli PA
Here's a chick that I hatched out. He's out of a bantam egg, and I thought he was an EE, but my EE hen doesn't have a beard, just the muffs, plus, he looks absolutely nothing like her. Then I thought maybe my blue salmon faverolle roo over my phoenix hen? He can't be out of my cochins - no leg feathering at all (which makes me question the faverolle
roll.png
). His head resembles a faverolle though, and I think he might be getting longer saddle feathers in. That's another strange thing, his saddle feathers aren't pointy? I'm calling him my Look Down Chicken
lol.png
He's always looking down - eats drinks, does all normal chicken things, and is healthy, so I don't worry about him
cool.png
Here he is:

27475_img_4892.jpg
27475_img_4754.jpg

27475_img_4905.jpg

I think EE is the mama.EE do not need to be pure for pea comb-they can have singlecombed babies.Feathers patern is mostly EE.His saddle feathers will get pointy when he is more mature-16-20 weeks old

Last edited:
Looks like an EE, but the single comb throws me off. Since Pea combs dominate. . . . But, my EE hen from a hatchery has a rather lopsy, weird looking single comb. Almost like a cross between single and pea.

Alright
smile.png
Thanks for your opinions! He's a very interesting boy, I'll tell you that! So there you go, an EE/blue salmon faverolle... His legs are army green all the way - literally - they are so green it's not even funny! My EE's legs are slate grey and she does have a straight comb.

Here's Munkey:
27475_img_1932.jpg

Peep-eep:
Hmmm... Just found this picture, should've known something was up
lol.png
(Sorry it's blurry)
27475_img_3868.jpg

27475_img_3122.jpg

Quote:
Honestly I don't know why he bends his head that way. It's been like that ever since he hatched. He hatched perfectly by himself, and even now he is able to stretch his neck and head out, but he always puts it back into that position. He jumps around and plays with the others and seems happy, which is what counts
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom