caught her adjusting them!
7BFFF089-EE6A-4901-A32F-42BBCB4C05C9.jpeg

Last night my neighbor brought me over a baby goose. It had been hit on the road as it's parents were crossing and several got hit. It was a Canada goose. I held it in my hands and it was the first time I have ever held a baby goose. I fell in love but it died an hour later. I cannot have geese, I can look at them, be glad in my lifetime I got to hold one, and face reality that I don't need geese with 19 Ducks!!! I am going to the AAA meeting for Geese Anonomous as soon as I get off work, lol. I won't get any but boy was it ever the sweetest thing and boy was I heartbroken when it died. Yours is beautiful!!!!

😭
Saturday was a terrible day here! Spent most of the day outside with the ducks, doing garden stuff. Had to leave for about 20 minutes to buy milk, a cabbage head and some apples. Even left the garage door open…
When i came back all the ducks were inside of the duck house, quiet and scared. I don't know what has happened, there were no signs of struggle, no feathers or paw prints but a lot of ducks are missing! Mister Chapo Duckman and two of his friends disappeared and worst of all Mayhem and Limpy were gone too!

Mr. Limpy, the last of the first ducks is no more! 💔
At first i could not find Harry Duckhini and Sunny Sunshine, but they hid in the kitchen, both so shaky and afraid that they spent the night inside the house.
Mayhem showed up the next morning, limping and with ruffled plumage, somehow he must have escaped from whatever that was. Fortunately he was not injured, but he is now afraid of me. The same drake that enjoyed sitting in my lap last year is literally fleeing me now.
Working turned out to be difficult, the dux are currently alerting multiple times every day and i have not been able to figure out what's triggering them. There's nothing visible on the cameras, but of course i run out every time…
Harry and Sunny usually spend the day on the patio where they feel safe:
full

Since Sunday i have noticed an unusual number of Turkey Vultures on my property:
full
They have never roosted on my fence posts before and the ducks are terrified by them. All the years before, there have been 2-3 of these birds around and now all of the sudden over ten are lurking.
Would Turkey Vultures attack ducks if they are really hungry? 🤔
Anyways, i have attached a ground- and a hot-wire from my electric fence to the top of the fence posts and they are no longer roosting there. But still circling in the sky.

It also seems that some of the mallard drakes have disappeared. Oh, and the crows have left. All of them! There is not a single crow in the area, where there were more than two dozen. A single pair of mallards shows up every morning, spends the day with the ducks (safety in numbers?) and flies off after sunset.

No clue what has happened here, but this place is not peaceful anymore. 👻

😭
Saturday was a terrible day here! Spent most of the day outside with the ducks, doing garden stuff. Had to leave for about 20 minutes to buy milk, a cabbage head and some apples. Even left the garage door open…
When i came back all the ducks were inside of the duck house, quiet and scared. I don't know what has happened, there were no signs of struggle, no feathers or paw prints but a lot of ducks are missing! Mister Chapo Duckman and two of his friends disappeared and worst of all Mayhem and Limpy were gone too!

At first i could not find Harry Duckhini and Sunny Sunshine, but they hid in the kitchen, both so shaky and afraid that they spent the night inside the house.
Mayhem showed up the next morning, limping and with ruffled plumage, somehow he must have escaped from whatever that was. Fortunately he was not injured, but he is now afraid of me. The same drake that enjoyed sitting in my lap last year is literally fleeing me now.
Working turned out to be difficult, the dux are currently alerting multiple times every day and i have not been able to figure out what's triggering them. There's nothing visible on the cameras, but of course i run out every time…
full

Since Sunday i have noticed an unusual number of Turkey Vultures on my property:
full
They have never roosted on my fence posts before and the ducks are terrified by them. All the years before, there have been 2-3 of these birds around and now all of the sudden over ten are lurking.
Anyways, i have attached a ground- and a hot-wire from my electric fence to the top of the fence posts and they are no longer roosting there. But still circling in the sky.

It also seems that some of the mallard drakes have disappeared. Oh, and the crows have left. All of them! There is not a single crow in the area, where there were more than two dozen. A single pair of mallards shows up every morning, spends the day with the ducks (safety in numbers?) and flies off after sunset.

No clue what has happened here, but this place is not peaceful anymore.
https://search.brave.com/search?q=W...5cbc41&nonce=ff3b543607344a62692e9c985a6ae358

😭

full

full

🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂

I'm so sorry to hear this Frank!!! I have no idea what could have caused this. Hopefully it doesn't return.

😭

full

full

So sorry to hear this :(

Sounds to me like the turkey vultures are being drawn in - I hate to say it, but if the attack was Saturday and they all started showing up on Sunday, it's likely that somewhere a carcass is attracting them.

So sorry to hear this :(

Sounds to me like the turkey vultures are being drawn in - I hate to say it, but if the attack was Saturday and they all started showing up on Sunday, it's likely that somewhere a carcass is attracting them.
From I link I gave looks like they prey on poultry too

Back
Top Bottom