TURKEYS!!!

Blitz_LovesPenny

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2024
Hey I’m blitz I’m new to having a backyard chicken account but I’m not new to the website.I have three turkeys, one hen one Tom and a baby hen. My sister has 8 ducks 4 geese 2 ginned and 20+ chickens and 15+ quail.

The first photos of the baby’s are my girl Penny and pachinko we got them in late 2022 as chicks and we raised them sadly penny got into a freak accident and ultimately had to be put down January of 2024 we had bought another hen a few weeks after her passing for the Tom (no photos of her) and unfortunately she passed too we now have another hen (she’s a bit overweight) and shes older then the Tom and he seems to be happy with her (no photos). We now have a baby turkey who has imprinted on humans and refuses to hang around with the flocks. We have her in the house at night and we put her out during the day to try and get her used to being outside. Any ideas on how we could get her more used to the birds and if it doesn’t get better could she be a house turkey?

Attachments

• IMG_9307.jpeg
    IMG_9307.jpeg
    826.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8672.jpeg
    IMG_8672.jpeg
    509.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9919.jpeg
    IMG_9919.jpeg
    470.1 KB · Views: 5
Salve (Latin for hello) and :welcome! I am sorry about your turkeys but your new turkey is so cute! They can be just like dogs (mine follow me everywhere even though they're not imprinted on me). Mine also threw the biggest fit when I put them outside but they eventually got over it.
I read somewhere that turkey chicks are just like puppy’s and want to be loved on. Diamond (the baby) loves to be cuddled and I have to cuddle her in my hand till she falls asleep to put her in her pen or else she will cry. She’s worth it though!:love

Back
Top Bottom