What Animals can Emus Live With?

Coenthecoopcrafter

In the Brooder
Jan 30, 2018
Logan, Ohio
About a year ago, my family ¨accidentally¨ bought a 25 acre farm in south Ohio that we have had for about a year now. We have two llamas (a intact female and gelded male), two alpacas (intact female, gelded male), two mini donkeys (intact female, gelded male), and two whether goats that we all keep in the pasture in front of our bank barn. We also have chickens, ducks, pigs, and barn cats that are constantly running around in there too. My question is, are emus not compatible with any of these animals? We briefly looked into emus when we first got the farm, but decided that they were too risky for complete beginners. Is there any advice that anyone could give to me?

I can't answer your emu question, but just have to say...I wish I could have such an accident and and up with a 25 acre farm!

Emus are compatible with all those animals as lobb as they have been raised with them. I would suggest buying chicks. My emus are kept with goats and miniature zebu. When we introduce a new animal, they like to chase them and if it’s something small that they have never seen, they will stomp it.

Emus are compatible with all those animals as lobb as they have been raised with them. I would suggest buying chicks. My emus are kept with goats and miniature zebu. When we introduce a new animal, they like to chase them and if it’s something small that they have never seen, they will stomp it.
Thanks for the advice! do you know where one could buy some emu eggs or chicks?

Then I would buy 5 eggs and you can always sell off the extras if you get a 100% hatch rate. If you ever plan to breed down the road then you wanna get eggs from different pairs to ensure no inbreeding.

Back
Top Bottom