What color is this cockerel?

DonyaQuick

Songster
Jun 22, 2021
Upstate NY (Otsego county), USA
This is Vanilla Bean; he's a giant cochin cross (don't know for sure what the other half is). His father was a giant cochin with a reddish color (kind of like the RIR color - is that just called "red"?). All I really know about mom is that she was a brown egg layer. I'm trying to figure out vaguely what color Vanilla Bean is to see if it sheds any light on what I might get if I hatch some eggs from him at some point with different crosses. I realize the answer might be just "barnyard mix color" and "hatch and see" but I thought I'd ask anyway in case it's something I can actually go look up some more info about, since I still don't know my chicken colors very well.

vanilla_bean.jpg

This is Vanilla Bean; he's a giant cochin cross (don't know for sure what the other half is). His father was a giant cochin with a reddish color (kind of like the RIR color - is that just called "red"?). All I really know about mom is that she was a brown egg layer. I'm trying to figure out vaguely what color Vanilla Bean is to see if it sheds any light on what I might get if I hatch some eggs from him at some point with different crosses. I realize the answer might be just "barnyard mix color" and "hatch and see" but I thought I'd ask anyway in case it's something I can actually go look up some more info about, since I still don't know my chicken colors very well.

View attachment 3427808
He’s porcelain or isabel.

Back
Top Bottom